No announcement yet.

Wet ( Demo )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed Broken Arrow and Face/Off back in the day, but it IS Woo lite. Its Hollywood tailored. That doesn't mean the movies are bad however.

The Killer, Hard Boiled... those movies have a body count thats well into the 3 digits. Along with the doves. Many more shootouts, generally speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
      I enjoyed Broken Arrow and Face/Off back in the day, but it IS Woo lite. Its Hollywood tailored. That doesn't mean the movies are bad however.

The Killer, Hard Boiled... those movies have a body count thats well into the 3 digits. Along with the doves. Many more shootouts, generally speaking.

Woo's hollywood films are not too bad at all, I have soft spots for Hard Target, Broken Arrow and Face/Off. Face/Offs biggest problem is that it's clearly stunt doubles for most of the film during every action scene, looks ridiculous at times.

I nearly gave up on Woo after Paycheck but I've heard lots of great things about the Red Cliff films so I've got them sitting at home ready to watch.

Comment

I actually liked this. Its abit meh in places but just plain fun sort of Max Payne meets a even worse clunky version of Stranglehold. Wast intrested in at all before demo but will probalby buy it on a discount few weeks later now.

Comment

WET demo now up on Xbox Live Marketplace, is 631MB (and I promise to shut the **** up about John Woo!)

Comment

I loved what this was trying to do in the whole style and approach, everything from the music to the film grain to the kick arsery of it all. But as a game, my God it's terrible.

It's like a sub-par attempt at aping Stranglehold. And that game has as much substance as soggy rice paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
              I loved what this was trying to do in the whole style and approach, everything from the music to the film grain to the kick arsery of it all. But as a game, my God it's terrible.

It's like a sub-par attempt at aping Stranglehold. And that game has as much substance as soggy rice paper.
              100% correct especially the soggy rice paper part!

Comment

Downloaded this today.

Question: Did I enjoy it?
                Answer: Yes

Question: Why?
                Answer: I don't know. All the bits on their own are a bit naff - the music, the visuals, the controls, the design, the QTEs, the pace. But as a whole I think they worked. I found it fun.
                That is all.

Comment

I enjoyed this quite alot. I think it is because recently I have been playing games that require lots of concentration, skill and precision movements....

So playing this 'popcorn' game was a nice brainless blast! a blockbuster 2nd hand bin special for me!

Comment

I really loved the Quentin tarantino 's look with a bit of Killer 7 !

The music is really good for this sort of game. Sure, It won't win the "best game of the year" title but it sounds "refreshing".

Comment

I just got round to checking this on the 360. Dunno if I can add an awful lot to what's already been said in all honesty. Bargain basement and sub-par Strangehold sum it up, although my first thoughts were Dead To Rights meets Stuntman! Although the latter subsided after it stopped telling me what to do!

Comment

I thought I'd hate this but gave it a go anyway, almost gave up in the first room because it was so poor...but then somehow I found myself enjoying it. The killbill part was pretty awesome and I even enjoyed the car bit.

So long as the final release doesn't repeat these gameplay types all the time (which I expect it will do!) then it should be quite a fun little shooter.

Comment

Working...
                        X