Guitar Hero 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guitar Hero 5

I imported the US one because i can import my other US disc based GH games. ive played it for a bit and i can say its way way better that GHWT, the party modes is what we have been mostly playing and they work really well , activision have put some thought into it, the presentation is nice as well, you can now see how hard each instrument is just like rockband, all in all so far im quite impressed , if you like GH games then its well worth getting, the only problem being its still not as good as Rockband 2 and with the Jam and the talking heads pack tomorrow i suspect its back to rockband i will go.

Is importing locked to region then? My GH:WT and GH:GH are PAL but my GH:Metallica is US, will the code not work?

Comment

yes its region locked i think but metallica isnt going to work in 5 due to licensing issues i understand

Comment

Have you imported both World Tour and Greatest Hits into your copy of GH5? If so, have you seen how many tracks havent been copied?

Just found this

35 songs from World Tour and 21 from Greatest Hits........... not the best, though think I will still pick up 5 and get shot of WT and GH's for the Party Play mode alone.
        Last edited by Holio; 04-09-2009, 00:53.

Comment

yes done wt only 35 tracks as for smash hits tracks only 21 import but i cant do it on ps3 yet but not all bad theres a nice rolling stones 5 track pack out on the us store

Comment

They say that more tracks will be importable at a later date, once they've sorted out the legal wranglings. Whether that means another couple of quid for the privilege, I dunno.

Comment

They reckon that the fee is a one off and there will be no further charge. We will see...

Comment

Just got this, I think this may have actually saved the franchise. It was the "last chance" for the series with me, because apart from Metallica they've been woeful in my opinion.

This one though, it's magical! The songlist is just to my cup of tea most of the time and the note charts are back to their best as well.

The entire package feels great and little touches like using your avatar as your band member is fun.

If they can hit the DLC market as strong as Rock Band do, then Rock Band might actually have some genuine competition!

I'd seriously suggest anyone who'd given up on the series gives it one last try, even if it's only a rental.
                Last edited by Jebus; 04-09-2009, 12:21.

Comment

well thats my 20 dollar psn card gone i caved in and bought the stones pack all live tracks but great one other thing is the presentation has really moved up a notch in 5

Comment

Sex on Fire (Kings of Leon) is one of the most visceral and fun songs to date in a music game to play, I did vocals whilst my wife did Bass, it was just amazing.

This game has tracks that I had to check hadn't been in music games before...how the hell has Sultans of Swing not been in a game before? Teen Spirit? 20th Century Boy?

Comment

Great impressions. I'm psyched to play this. I was one of the few who actually liked Guitar Hero: World Tour, I thought the guitar note charts were far better than the woefully repetitive rhythm-fests of Rock Band (though I'm yet to play RB2 so of course judgement is reserved).

Comment

It's the US one that's out I take it? Region-free as ever?

Comment

US indeed, region free as ever indeed!

Comment

Sex on fire is actually in RB as well. I'm still on the fence with this one. I despised GHWT but I got it at a time when I had over 400 songs to play in RB2.

How does this compare given Im now up to approx 600 songs, have the ION kit and RB2 which is continually getting great songs recently? I'm getting the beatles next week so Im just guaging whether I need another music game.

Comment

Well I have the ION kit, I have RB2 with loads of songs (though not nearly 600 like yourself) but I absolutely love GH5.

As I said, it's all a matter of the tracklist really, if you like it, then get the game as its a return to form for them.

The Beatles is something else entirely as its JUST Beatles. Like I said, GH5...study the song list and if you like it enough, they get it if you can afford it.

Comment

Working...
                              X