Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days

Another enhanced port of a PS2 Disgaea game to the PSP.

This even has elements of Disgaea 3 included such as magicchange where monsters become weapons. There is a new Axel mode to unlock. There is also going to ne download content in a couple of months.

In looks it is identical to the PS2 version and plays identically to Afternoon of Darkness. I am trying to remember how the ability inheritance worked on previous versions/games. My original Red Skull created a Blue Mage and inherited her abilities by standing next to her amd getting them to lv 1. She created a Healer and a red and green mage and gained those abilities which were then available to learn by the original Skull. Has it always worked like that?

I have put in about 5 hours so far and have a lv 18 Mage as my best character.

I have had the game for over a week. Needless to say there is no mention of a UK release yet.

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    I am trying to remember how the ability inheritance worked on previous versions/games.
    As far as I remember, yes they always worked like that, but I never got after the simple 1st master- 1st pupil interaction.

BTW, does this chapter has an independent story arc too or just extra characters?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
      I have had the game for over a week. Needless to say there is no mention of a UK release yet.
      NIS have said it is coming to Europe in February 2010.

Comment

This is an exact copy of the PS2 game. Like the original Disgaea release on PSP there is a new set of chapters to play after finishing the game the first time (I presume there will be prerequisites).

As I (think I) bought the Strategy Guide from Doublejump Books (Publishers) in the States I think I can get an e-Guide (enhanced to show all the new things) for free.

From the Doublejump forum these are the new features...

Magichange
        Magichange 2
        Axel Mode
        Axel's Dark World Maps
        7th Tier weapon skills
        Peta level magic
        New item world features
        New mystery portals
        Music Succubus
        Colorful/Painter (changes generic unit's colors)
        Mao (adds Magichange 2)
        Alterations to Fortune Teller
        Level Spheres
        Formulas;
        -Magichange
        -New theft formula
        -New Capture Formula
        New Dark Assembly bills
        New battles and bosses
        New Characters
        New Items

Comment