Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception - PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception - PSP

Couldn't see a thread on this game - I think it is a wee bit old.

Anyways picked this up for a tenner whilst in London & what a great little game it is.

I haven't played an Ace Combat game since PS1 days so this was like a reunion with an old friend but who had improved with age as this is one pretty looking game.

The controls are perfect for the PSP especially if you're useless like I am and use the beginner's controls.

If you know Ace Combat then then you know what to expect - there are a good variety of air to air and air to ground missions and as you go you collect credits to purchase new planes, weapons and parts. This is very cool as you can upgrade and tune some of the planes. There are also medals to be won throughout the campaign.

It's not too difficult but it is a challenge on normal.

Am really enjoying this - surprised not many other peeps on here have played it.

I tried it but couldn't get into at all but after playing Ace Combat 6 extensively that's perhaps to be expected. Not just graphically, unlike older AC games you start off with a very capable F-16 rather than an archaic F-4 and fly straight into a big battle.

John

Comment

Love Ace Combat but always imagined the controls would make this a very different beast, so I never bothered. How do you find it in that regard?

Comment

i played this when it first came out and thought it was great.
        although i cant really remember much of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
          Love Ace Combat but always imagined the controls would make this a very different beast, so I never bothered. How do you find it in that regard?
          with the 'basic' setting I think they are bang on - shoulders for fast/slow, nub to move the plane and the other 4 buttons for firing, selecting targets etc

very comfortable for extended play times as well.

Comment

Working...
          X