No announcement yet.

Brutal Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the RTS stages seem quite tough later on, but I'm never frustrated by them.
    It seems to be all about the setup, if you don't get it right in the first 4-5 minutes, you'll never recover.

Comment

OK,

this mines battle is a real bitch.

Comment

Enjoying this muchly, laughed out loud many many times. Once I got through the information overload start (maybe I'm just dumb) it all seems quite simple but the games charm carries it along wonderfully. Love Ozzie in this - absolute genius.

Its kept me away from Uncharted 2 so far.

Anyone know if you can carry on with the sidequests once the main storyline is complete?

Comment

I'm not too far into the game. I've worked out almost everything else, but how do you open the chained looking coffin with red in the middle things? I probably don't have an ability to open it yet. Also those green things, what are they for too? I'm guessing an rts resource?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
            I'm not too far into the game. I've worked out almost everything else, but how do you open the chained looking coffin with red in the middle things? I probably don't have an ability to open it yet. Also those green things, what are they for too? I'm guessing an rts resource?
            You open the red things by

targetting with left trigger and using the guitars fire attack (hold down X)

and as for the green things

yeah they're for the RTS sections

Comment

I'm not on about the dragons with the ball gag in the mouth at the top, its the other ones

Thanks for sorting me on the green things.

Comment

I don't know how to open the others yet - the ones where he says "Something in there's dying to get out".

Comment

I worked it out just a moment ago, you need to be near it and use

earthshaker

Comment

Wow, either I was playing a lot more, or that was much shorter that Psychonauts (talking only about the main missions). Want to go back and 100% it now.

Comment

does the pal version run on a japanese xbox ?

Comment

Eastyy, I believe the game is region free (according to VG+ anyway).

Played some more of this last night, I so badly want to love it and I guess the general character designs, the voices...I do...but the game feels a bit..."janky" in places. Almost like it's trying to do too much all the time instead of just focussing on the gameplay.

I dunno, I think I'll keep at it, but with Borderlands and Forza on the horizon I can see this getting benched for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          Played some more of this last night, I so badly want to love it and I guess the general character designs, the voices...I do...but the game feels a bit..."janky" in places. Almost like it's trying to do too much all the time instead of just focussing on the gameplay.
                          My first impressions exactly, it will get better when you progress through the game. It still has some problems (repetitive side missions, it doesn't excel at nothing despite the numerous play styles) but it's enjoyable overall, not great but good. More in-depth impressions when I complete it.

Comment

I'm kinda done with doing side missions in open world games though, also, having only played fora bout 90 minutes it says I'm 11% done! Is the game that short?

Comment

I'll have to check how long I've been playing but I'm around 10 hours with a good number of side missions and quests under the belt (just need to find one more solo). It's not excessively long, but at least they don't stretch the story and the game too much, if you want to go only through the main story it'll probably take half the time. Unfortunately in Normal the game doesn't really offer a challenge.

Comment

I finished the main game yesterday after playing for roughly 15 hours and that's after doing every side mission. I agree that on normal that the game is pretty easy apart form one battle, which Lyris has mentioned in this thread. I still thoroughly enjoyed it though and I've continued just driving around finding all the secret stuff after finishing the main story.

I really want this to do well as I would love to see a sequel.

Comment

Working...
                                X