[DSiware]Sujin Taisen Number Battles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DSiware]Sujin Taisen Number Battles

This fun little puzzler is hidden away on DSiware and it is such a shame as i think it could sell to both the new older female DS audience and the hardcore puzzle fans.

Gameplay

Sujin Taisen Number Battles takes place on a grid where you have to place your numbers into a sequence that is not much different to rummikub. You start off with a base of 6 tiles and are free to place a start tile (builder) anywhere on the grid. After this your opponent makes a move on the same grid with its tile, again having the ability to place anywhere. After the first tile is set by each player, you then have to build from that tile.

Each tile in your bin is either your colour (you play blue through the story mode) or rainbow. Each of your opponents are asigned a diffenent colour (but most games are 1 on 1). Each tile placed will either have 1 2 3 or 4 lines coming out of the side that you can connect other tiles to, however you can only connect to tiles of your own colour or rainbow tiles. Once you get a sequence then you get scored and the bigger the sequence the more you score. However the game is open to more strategy than the most complex game of chess as not all tiles have 4 lines coming off to build and you can get bonus points depending on where you place the tiles on a grid, a bit like scrabble. However these bonus spaces move throughout after each combo. It sounds complex but its quite simple to play and understand.

After the frist few levels power ups get thrown into the mix that do all sorts of things from adding an extra line to a tile to letting you change the colour of a tile.

The first player to the target score wins.

You may think the game is not open to blocking your oponents and such as you each have your own colour tiles, well not at all.

The rainbow tiles can be connected to any colour and you can build of any rainbow tile on the board and the game is quite even at giving you rainbow tiles and your own colour tiles after you play one, which further opens the game upto tactics.

I have found myself getting lost in this just like i did the first Puzzle Quest as the presentation and the way the game unfolds is extremely good compared to some of the other DSi offerings.

The game boasts a full online multiplayer mode, sadly after an hour i did not find anybody to play

But also offers a story mode and a puzzle mode as well as local multiplayer.

This is a great buy for just 500 points, if you prefer to think with your puzzle games rather than rely on blind luck, this one is for you.

Remember the usual dropoff rate for online players. This was released in January in Japan and in August in Europe.

If I have a spare 500 points I may well get this. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

I doubt you'll find anyone online seeing as this game is pretty old, the full version was released years ago, like kryss says the drop off rates for wifi are pretty fast unless it's pokemon.

Still it's a great puzzle game although id much rather have the full version than a chopped up one, sure it's cheaper but your only getting part of the full game in most cases.

Comment

I had no idea this ever had a retail release. I have gone a bit DSiware crazy as of late and this has been my pick of a sorry bunch of games i have to say.

Comment

Yeah thats where it came from, hmm i wonder if the 2 versions can connect, does the dsi version have friend codes?

Comment

It sure does

Comment

Hmm maybe the 2 versions can connect then for multiplayer it's rather cool when your playing against another human opponent but all the people i played against were in japan & they destroyed my ass

Comment

Well while i am new to this happy to give you a few gams later if you fancy

159143996873 is my friend code, let me know if you will be about and what time.

Just found an online player in Japan

It was a very close battle we were 2 squares of filling the grid, he won though

Its fantastic that you can save your online battle and watch them offline. What a cool feature.
                Last edited by The Mole; 17-10-2009, 13:41.

Comment

Tried enterng your friend code but it wont accept it so either the game uses different friend codes or theres a mistake in yours?

Bugger i was looking forward to playing too

Comment

My friend code is correct, what is yours? ill try adding you to see if that works

Comment

Thread revival, well for one day seeing nobody played it the first time. I just picked the game and think its fantastic and really enjoyable, pity nobody's online for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X