[DSiware] Viking Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DSiware] Viking Invasion

Viking Invasion is a DSiware game costing 800 points. At its heart is a poor take on the tower defence genre.

For your 800 the game offers you 2 modes, survival and campaign.

Campaign is your story mode which is told through images and text, the presentation is good but the story has been skipped by myself so have no clue what its all about.

The idea is you have to protect your castle against waves of enemies each offering a different style of attack. These all come down the same river path (but the path changes level on level). I have to say after Ninjatown and Plants V Zombies this game is not a patch on either title. I know its only DSiware but you can win just by placing lots of archers and upgrading them to the max. The only difference between the enemies is how fast the move or how much damage they take before death.

I have only done the first 3 levels as the game forces you to play wave after wave and you get far too much health on your base which only reduces by 1 each enemy that gets to it. That enemy is then cleared from the screen.

I will add some more impressions once i advance a bit further, but so far im not impresssed as the 500 points (Art Style, Number Battles) games seam a much better purchase for the price.

UPDATE

Ok maybe i was a bit unfair with my first impressions as the game advances the challenge does ramp up.

One thing i did not mention is each weapon you place gains its own exp. This exp is used to upgrade the towers mid battle giving extra range or power.

It does seam to only have 10 levels in the campaign mode though.
    Last edited by The Mole; 17-10-2009, 13:04.
Working...
X