Castlevania Rebirth - Wiiware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castlevania Rebirth - Wiiware

Had a quick blast of this earlier. It plays more like the NES games than Super Castlevania IV or the "Metroidvanias". It has branching paths similar to Rondo of Blood but doesn't appear to have any spells like in Rondo. Basically if you've played any of the old games in the series you'll know what to expect, it doesn't seem to be as difficult as previous titles though.

Graphically it's nothing mind blowing. Much like previous Rebirth games, it looks like an advanced SNES game with a few 3D effects here and there. As is the case with most Castlevanias the music is great, featuring remixes of tunes spread across previous games in the series.

Anyone with a Wii who's craving for a new traditional Castlevania could do a lot worse.

I am a big Caslevania fan, so I can't wait for this to come to the US. Isnt this meant to be a remake of Caslevania Adventure on the Gameboy?

Comment

I haven't played the original GB Castlevania in years so I had to check Youtube to see if there were any similarities. From what I can tell some of the enemies are inspired by the GB version such as the giant eyeballs and mudmen but the stages and bosses are completely different. Rebirth also has a fireball throwing whip like in Castlevania Adventure and there are some remixes of music from the GB versions but that's about it as far as similarities go.

Comment

Yeah, it's really not much at all like its supposed inspiration (which is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned) and it's another solid ReBirth title from Konami (though I dont like it as much as Contra or Gradius)--now bring on Salamander!
        Last edited by Shion; 31-10-2009, 23:00.

Comment

I'm disappointed there's no way to jump off or on to stairs like in Rondo or Bloodlines. Also, the bosses aren't as cool as in Rondo (no suicide attacks), and generally the atmosphere isn't as outlandish or crazy as Bloodlines.

Comment

Bloodlines is a great Castlevania...I didn't play it at the time, I played it around 5 years ago, I loved every minute and immediately played through it again after completion.

I still can't wait for the UK release of this....I Just can't!
            Last edited by ShadowDancer; 18-11-2009, 07:25. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Anyone else playing this?

Comment

Well, I've got it, but I've got dozens (hundreds?) of other games to play too.

Comment

There's supposed to be a stage select option, hold right on the d-pad at the menu where it says game start and options right? It doesn't seem to be working for me even if I hold right for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                  X