No announcement yet.

Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply, Daz, but I meant the US PS3 version and the UK PS3 version. I was wondering if there's reason to import the US version over the domestic Euro release.

Comment

Its all the very same disc. I have the JP version, which has all languages and can sync trophies with US/PAL users.

Comment

Having played up to chapter 6 this evening, I'm happy to say this game meets the hype. Although my flatmate's ins'stant on it merely retreading the ground of past games (he's going through a 'fed up of games in general' phase) I really enjoy it for what it is, plus it looks great, has nice environments and has those touchers that are reminiscent of Platinum Games' (nee Clover's) former games.

Satisfy your curiosity and pick it up if you're interested. See if you think EDGE were over-enthusiastic or hit the nail on the head.

Comment

thx guys about how to change the Durga from fire to electric !

Comment

Does anyone know if the promised day 1 patch to improve PS3 performance (wow, lots of 'p's there) materialized? Or has all the moaning about lousy performance been over-done?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              Does anyone know if the promised day 1 patch to improve PS3 performance (wow, lots of 'p's there) materialized? Or has all the moaning about lousy performance been over-done?
              Didnt know anything about a patch, yea the 360 version does look a bit better, but most of the hype was made by rabid 360 owners. Prob had red rings that day

Before anyone cries flame, i went for the 360 version only as it came into stock first.
              Last edited by huxley; 06-01-2010, 20:16.

Comment

the ps3 one was a little bit rubbish...not game breakingly so but the loading, between levels, after getting an item, for no visible reason etc was annoying and the graphics aren't quite as good as the xbox version seems to be.

not bad enough to stop anyone buying it tho...

Comment

On Chapter 5 now and finding hard to understand this is considered a 10 out of 10 game. Its good, no doubt about that, its just not that good. It sometime feels like its style over substance.

Combat seems to be based around witch time, but of the erratic camera angles you don't know where you enemies are in heated battle. But my biggest complain so far is that it just seems to be a series of mini boss fights, swiftly followed by a big boss fight, raise and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    No, but what for? It's not a shmup.
                    My apologies Dar..it was a reference made towards SMB...nothing serious..

Comment

god damn you ice and snow! I want to go and buy this game *fist shake*

Comment

Got up to chapter 6 last night and loving the game more with every play.

Question: how do you double jump so you boost forward (as opposed to just hovering a bit)? I did it by accident once and can't figure out how it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                          the ps3 one was a little bit rubbish...not game breakingly so but the loading, between levels, after getting an item, for no visible reason etc was annoying and the graphics aren't quite as good as the xbox version seems to be.

not bad enough to stop anyone buying it tho...
                          Yeah, but if you own a 360 and a PS3 you'd be nuts to buy the PS3 version.

I started the game again today after a months rest and I've got to say it still kicks ass 2nd time round even with watching all the cut scenes again. The combo system is right up there with quality 3D fighters IMO. Played solid this afternoon from the start and managed to get up to chapter 6 until the missus came home from work

Yakumo

Comment

Up to chapter 10 now and it just keeps getting better. It's no revolution in gameplay but it's really really good.

Comment

I so want this but only have a PS3, any sign of a patch?

If nothing forthcoming i'll wait till sub £20.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                                one of the guys at work swears that the PS3 version is "fine". I've not seen it yet though, so couldn't possibly comment.
                                There's a huge difference IMO. IGN Agree:

XBox verion = 9.5
                                PS3 version = 8.2

That's a pretty damning difference.

My 360 has gone so sadly I'll never get to play it now :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X