No announcement yet.

Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all the patch did was allow an HDD install to reduce some loading times.

Textures are still a lot worse, the framerate is absolutely horrific throughout and it doesn't look as bright or vivd as the 360 version.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the 360 version had Bayonetta have transparent butterfly wings when you double jumped. The PS3 version has horribly non-transparent wings.

Even I, with my PS3 fanboy leanings, prefered to play the 360 version.

Comment

I know the loading is an issue...it loads to go into the pause menu!

Comment

Hopefully, there has been enough of a backlash so that it doesn't happen again with Bayonetta 2 on the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          Been trying to beat Bayonetta's secret Angel Slayer stage all week. And failing. Epically. Indeed I still can't get past Verse 2.

I still find it staggering how deep the combat mechanics are; no matter how many new combos I master, sneaky techniques I ascertain, or powerful weapon/accessory combos I discover, there's always so much more to learn and understand.

Charlie...is that the one with the unlimited punch and kicks?

If its the one where you go behind the gate after the crash....Use air punch gun - change - kick gun change and as you land, punch gun. Think you do that three times then finish him with 3 kicks, hold the kicks for extra power. It might not even be this bit you can't do tho....

Comment

I don't think this is the bit you mean! - Sorry buddy.

Comment

Halfway through now and its sheer brilliance.

Don't want to compare but it does remind me of the original Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
              Just the way there is a little bit of exploring, bit of platforming and amazing combat.
              (more so in Bayonetta)

The level design is fabulous...I love the cutscenes too.

There is so much to this game that if you were to detail it all, it would take several paragraphs. It really is so many kinds of good.

I also recognise some of the Angel classes..I did read a book about angels when I was young and used to read daily.

So much has gone into this game, I am just in amazement.

Comment

Don't **** with a Witch.

Candidate for Best Game ever - Without a doubt.
                Candidate for best action adventure. NO. It simply is.

Just Wow really.

I Love you Bayonetta from the bottom of my heart.

Never has a game been more deserving of a ten/100% mark.

No faults here. Just stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  Don't **** with a Witch.
                  Haha. I loved that bit, had me grinning like Lewis Carroll's Cheshire cat.

Have you unlocked Lost Chapter yet? I can't remember if it's unlocked by beating the game on Hard or the secret unlockable difficulty setting, but that's where you really get to hone your skills or, in my case, where you accept you're as not nearly as good at the game as you foolishly believed.

Comment

I don't think I unlocked that bud. I've put it to one side for now (all completed in normal) and will maybe do it again if a sequel is gonna come. Definitely a game to replay and enjoy though.

Comment

Finished this last night on normal - great game and I can feel it pulling me back now to delve into the combat system.. Haven't even got the parry amulet thang yet..

Comment

^ For me the game really started to shine after I completed my first run on normal difficulty - it feels so, so good annihilating the enemies on hard mode who repeatedly kicked my backside first time around. I've still got to go through on Infinite Climax difficulty to truly test my skills but I simply had to take a break and give some other games a bit of playtime!

GOTY so far - SMG2 is pushing it close but after 2 worlds has not quite toppled it. In fact Bayonetta is probably in my top 5 of all time, if not only for the last level where

you ride a motorbike up the side of a rocket launching into space, to then fight Jubileus the Creator who is defeated by summoning a giant demon to punch it/her towards the Sun, leaving a giant statue that needs destroying as you re-enter Earth's atmosphere alongside your Umbran sister Jeanne who you had been constantly battling throughout the duration of the game, all while listening to some of the most epic music ever!

Gaming does not get any better than that!

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                          ^ For me the game really started to shine after I completed my first run on normal difficulty - it feels so, so good annihilating the enemies on hard mode who repeatedly kicked my backside first time around. I've still got to go through on Infinite Climax difficulty to truly test my skills but I simply had to take a break and give some other games a bit of playtime!

GOTY so far - SMG2 is pushing it close but after 2 worlds has not quite toppled it. In fact Bayonetta is probably in my top 5 of all time, if not only for the last level where

you ride a motorbike up the side of a rocket launching into space, to then fight Jubileus the Creator who is defeated by summoning a giant demon to punch it/her towards the Sun, leaving a giant statue that needs destroying as you re-enter Earth's atmosphere alongside your Umbran sister Jeanne who you had been constantly battling throughout the duration of the game, all while listening to some of the most epic music ever!

Gaming does not get any better than that!
                          And that is trufax. A real piece of work is Bayonetta.

I was googling images of actual video game pieces last night. I feel they're a lot of games around right now and I don't even have a 360. Just a Wii and PS3 these days. I just feel I should of instantly restarted this.

I will replay this. I replayed Viewtiful Joe about 20 times, It has that hook and it is magical.

The way the stages are bite sized and set out..its very perfect.

The boss levels, I imagine they become even more fun to play when trying to perfect.

Its one hell of a game.

Probably sound a bit silly, but I can't help thinking that the whole cast of Bayonetta are actually real, the voice acting and character models shone.

Aww little one, the way shes says that.

Comment

I started playing this again last night (finished the JP 360 ver around Christmas-time, picked up the UK release at launch but had other stuff on).

Playing it again has made every other game I have on the go seem rather ordinary and unspectacular.

Bayonetta is such a joy every step of the way. So many games I play these days make my only focus reaching checkpoint after checkpoint but with Bayonetta it feels like the focus is actually on the fun between the checkpoints, somewhere I want to spent time and enjoy, rather than race through as a means to an end.

6 months after completing it I'm now so ready to play it through again. Not necessarily to better my medals or polish techniques, but simply to have a great time playing it.

I'd only just started playing when GOTY 2009 voting started, so it couldn't make my top three last year. There's a very good chance it'll make my list this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Playing it again has made every other game I have on the go seem rather ordinary and unspectacular.
                              Amen.

Had to stop playing after getting Platinums on every stage (except Jeanne rooftop kick off) just to give the other games a chance. Will be going back into it once I've finished off Lost Planet 2 for a Jeanne run through and general Bayonetta funzys.

Here are some vids I dids a while back...not sure if I posted them before. Nothing amazing but its Bayo so always worth a look.

Comment

I'm glad that a few of you who have played Bayonetta actually 'get' it. I completed it a while back and was completely blown away by the experience. And I think that's Bayonetta's 'magic' quality, you not only play the game, you experience it and it's one hell of a rush.

I hadn't played a game with such enthusiasm for many years. I just wanted to play more to see what madness was going to be thrown at me. Sure the story was not the best but I still got pulled into it and I think Bayonetta is one of the best new game characters we have seen in a long time. The combat is probably the best of any third person game out there and rivals the likes of Street Fighter and Soul Calibur for depth. The boss fights are truly amazing and exceptional at times, and the music is perfect. It may be camp in places but that is just a reflection of the character you are playing and during the boss fights its dramatic, powerful and takes the gameplay experience to another level.

Comment

Working...
                                X