No announcement yet.

Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while i overall enjoyed the game i still prefer the less overloaded and more accessible combat systems of Devil May Cry 4 or Ninja Gaiden 2. also, saying the story was not the best is pretty much an understatement as some of the cut-scenes must truly belong to the silliest in gaming history... i fear the worst for Vanquish...

Comment

Japanese budget release is coming with reversible boxart... Well, its certainly pink...

Comment

Curious to know who gave this a 1/10 and, more importantly, why they disliked it so much? I would have thought just about everybody, whether they like the game or not, is able to appreciate the almost unimaginable depth of the combat mechanics.

Comment

You can click on the results to reveal who cast the votes.

In this case, I'm sure Supergoal was drunk and thought he was clicking on the 10...

Comment

Haha, didn't realise you could click those numbers. I thought it was a bit strange that the names vanished after casting a vote.

+3 to my stupidity skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
              I've been playing this on and off for a few weeks now, and it just isn't clicking with me. It's not that I don't like it, but while the combat is pretty good, everything else just irritates me.

The soundtrack grates, the humour isn't working for me, and don't get me started on the plot. Also this game is most guilty of far too many cut scenes. It feels like more cut scenes than gameplay.

I will play this through, but I just don't get the gushing praise at all. I'd rather play the Ninja Gaiden or God of War games any day over this.
              Yeah I agree there is alot wrong with the game, plus it feels totally unfinished with a lack of polish and after talking to some of the people at Sega they confirm what I suspected.

Don't get me wrong the combat system is great and works perfectly it's just the rest of the game that needs more work. The QTE boss battles are just utter rubbish as well and have been done to much before.

The bought review scores say it all, nice game and I would love to play the finished version but I'm not a BETA tester.

I suggest all you Platnium Game fans should look into the much better Infinity Space on DS now there is a game worth praise and lots of it.

Comment

Hey, I just finished Bayonetta. Over a year late!

Awesome, isn't it? Well, mostly. I can't really get behind an Edge 10 when there are some such obvious flaws, like the broken motorbike sections, that awful rail-shooting bit, and a pretty rubbish camera in parts.

Oh, and the auto-save which came close to ruining my life this morning. I'd beaten

Jubileus

, and was

firing him towards the sun. Accidentally got snagged on Mercury

and so I died. Then I hit "no" on the continue screen by mistake and it auto-saved at the chapter select screen. I had to start the whole damn stage again

But I was awesome the second time round, didn't die at all, so that was fun.

I did die a lot throughout the game, though. When there was just me and an enemy in a straight fight, I was ace, but when there were two or a bunch I found it really difficult to keep track of who was attacking me and when to dodge, because I'd be focussed on one thing and be getting attacked from a blind spot. I just couldn't get the hang of the hold/dodge mechanic at all. I suck at these games, I just found a weapon and a combo that I liked and stuck to it. I generally can't see the difference it makes when you mix it up. I'm sure there's a difference there, I just can't see it.

But the whole atmosphere is amazing, and that's what makes the game. The music in particular, the ridiculously epic cutscenes, and the amount of laugh out loud moments really makes you feel like you're playing a masterpiece, even if you don't feel it so much when you're playing.

I really want to play through on hard, but I fear it will destroy me. I guess I could just grind yellow lollipops first...

Comment

I bought this a few months ago, and started playing it tonite. For some reason, I thought it wasn't worth buying when I saw all the mentions of it ages ago, but I think it's brilliant so far. I purchased Ninja Gaiden 2 when it came out, but for some reason I'm enjoying this much more. I like the art style, the graphics are very good, it just seems a lot more fun than the Ninja Gaiden games, and the latter are too hard for me these days, I find them extremely frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                    I bought this a few months ago, and started playing it tonite. For some reason, I thought it wasn't worth buying when I saw all the mentions of it ages ago, but I think it's brilliant so far. I purchased Ninja Gaiden 2 when it came out, but for some reason I'm enjoying this much more. I like the art style, the graphics are very good, it just seems a lot more fun than the Ninja Gaiden games, and the latter are too hard for me these days, I find them extremely frustrating.
                    Where abouts are you up to? Bayonetta is one of my fave games of this generation and I went through it so many times!

Comment

I'm about 90 minutes into it, I think. Finished a bit which looked like some medieval (sp?) garden, then stopped a bit after that. During the earlier parts things got a bit confusing due to the camera zooming out a lot, but that's only because I was playing it on the monitor.

Comment

You have so much more to look forward to! I wish I could go back and experience it all again >.<

Comment

I finished this on 360 when it came out but never really delved into it's mechanics. Even on a second play-through the fighting never really clicked.

Now I'm 360-less I was thinking to get the PS3 version for some more in-depth play. Bit put-off by the appaling reputation this version has, but usually this stuff's more bluster than fact. Worth getting?

Comment

I only have the PS3 and I can only tell you that it looks great and plays the same.

Comment

Originally posted by womblingfree View Post
                              ... Now I'm 360-less I was thinking to get the PS3 version for some more in-depth play. Bit put-off by the appaling reputation this version has, but usually this stuff's more bluster than fact. Worth getting?
                              There's a 300 MB update the PS3 version got, as well as a (I think) mandatory 4 gig install for it, which does smooth over some cracks, like slightly faster load times, slightly better looking, and not as much loading when you go to the pause/ item select screens. It's still not as good version compared to the Xbox 360 version still. But at least it's not as ghastly as launch version.

Comment

I can't really comment on the PS3 version as I only played the 360 one. The general consensus is that PS3 Bayonetta is inferior graphically but like Baseley says it obviously isn't THAT big an issue.

Edit: Just listen to Jimtendo lol he seems to know the details

Comment

Working...
                                X