No announcement yet.

Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've farmed Chapter XI via the Gaze and Selene trick and bought the parry item, which is awesome as hell. Its a bit like SF3 but easier. I'm actually pretty good with it, unlocked its trophies right on. A perfect parry will launch Witch Time too.

What I do now is combo, dodge offset, parry incoming strike, continue combo. Its then that I realize that this is the sickest fighting engine in a beat em up ever.

So you can also Offset the Kilgore combo? It would come in handy that way, for repositioning etc.

Comment

This is without doubt the best game I've played in ages. I'm not even that good at it, but I keep discovering things as I'm going. H'amaze!
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This just got a 10 in EDGE magazine this month!

Does anyone know if there are plans to release a 360 demo in Europe? The PS3 demo was sadly lacking a framerate.

Comment

Ho noes. This has gone the way of DMC4 for me. I've got to Chapter 5 and now it's become stupidly hard. For me anyway. I find myself stuck in a place where there are not even any enemies. Instead I have jumped to my doom about 50+ times now as I try unsuccessfully to jump from one rock to another before the time limit runs out. Somebody please tell me what I am supposed to do here as I feel I may actually cry.

I'm no longer finding this fun to play. It's become more of a struggle now, just like DMC4. I've used 5+ continues on every stage so far and have amassed a complete collection of stone trophies.

These are not my types of game. I suck at them.

And before anybody else PM's. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WANT TO SELL IT!
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 20-11-2009, 22:49.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

RE: J0e

Stick at it.
            Trust me, it only get's harder

Until you've fought multiple 'Joys' later on, which is an irony in their namesake, as i alway's find them more troublesome for some reason.
            Once you've purchased a few techniques, then Grace & Glory are mere pussycats. Sure their strikes are quick as hell and at first annoying, but you'll get used to the timing of their attacks. You'll probably hate it later, since i think there's a few times you'll fight a pair of Grace & Glory after another.
            Try using Shuruba and the P>K>P so you can initiate a Wicked Weave strike quickly. As it's quite a wide arc on the last hit.
            Either that, or using the Durga's (lightning) and just charge up the strikes.

It's just a shame a few of the techniques and accessories are expensive to begin with, which would help initially.

If you've got the Halo's for it, then get:
            Selenes Light - automatically starts Witch Time when you've been hit. Will deplete magic upon activation.
            Star of Dineta - taunt to replenish your health.

I would suggest getting the 'Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa' as that give's you the ability to counter moves (where a perfect counter will give you Witch Time) however at this early stage i'd suggest those 2 above for starters.

As for techniques:
            Air Dodge - essential.
            Stiletto & Heel Slide (similar to the Stinger attack in DMC) - to strike from distance and close the distance gap between you and foe quickly.
            Bat Within - (though i don't think you've got that far in the game to unlock this yet) where even if you're late with the Witch Time and you do get hit (though if you've timed it too late, then Selene's Light will kick in) then hit the dodge button the moment you get hit and you'll turn into a cloud bat's before Witch Time activates. At the loss of zero HP and MP.

Just to cheer you up, here's another fab Bayo combo vid:

Comment

I decided to wait for the euro release and I will stick to that decision, but videos like that makes it SO DAMN HARD. It would be so easy to cave in and order it with express shipping ... I'm lucky I've got L4D2 to tide me over.

Comment

That is an AMAZING combo video! I can just tell I am going to love this just more and more the more I stick to it.

I am just up to I think level 10 now? Haven't farmed any stages yet and actually did the last couple without a death which was quite pleasing

Comment

Well I've worked out how to pass the part that was troubling me. I needed the "turn into a bird" ability to cross the lengthy gap between the two rocks. However, I didn't find this out until I chose not to continue. Suddenly an advert for new abilities available for purchase flashed up. I thought that a bit stupid really seeing as you need that one to pass Chapter 5. It should have been available before I started that area.

I like it again now, kinda. I might start again though, see if I fair better now I know more of what I'm doing. I have very little in the way of Halo's so I have not been able to purchase much at all so far, certainly nothing costing more than 30,000 anyway. This is probably adding to the difficulty I am experiencing.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 21-11-2009, 09:34.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Well I've worked out how to pass the part that was troubling me. I needed the "turn into a bird" ability to cross the lengthy gap between the two rocks. However, I didn't find this out until I chose not to continue. Suddenly an advert for new abilities available for purchase flashed up. I thought that a bit stupid really seeing as you need that one to pass Chapter 5. It should have been available before I started that area.

I like it again now, kinda. I might start again though, see if I fair better now I know more of what I'm doing. I have very little in the way of Halo's so I have not been able to purchase much at all so far, certainly nothing costing more than 30,000 anyway. This is probably adding to the difficulty I am experiencing.
                    I don't remember needing the bat transformation to get across any gaps...
                    Do you have the ability to turn into a panther yet? This is how you get across larger gaps but I'm sure you won't get any impassable gaps before you get this skill (you get it as part of story progression).

That video is sick!!
                    The dodge offset use is excellent, I think this is really hard to use effectively. That vid makes me realise how bad I still am at the game. >_<

Thought Chapter 14 will a very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                      I don't remember needing the bat transformation to get across any gaps...
                      Do you have the ability to turn into a panther yet? This is how you get across larger gaps but I'm sure you won't get any impassable gaps before you get this skill (you get it as part of story progression).

That video is sick!!
                      The dodge offset use is excellent, I think this is really hard to use effectively. That vid makes me realise how bad I still am at the game. >_<

Thought Chapter 14 will a very cool
                      It appears that by purchasing the bird ability you also get the panther one, as right after I bought one I inherited the other. Anyway, I never had any of these abilities when I first got to the gap section, which made it impassible. I was not amused at this, but I'm ok again now.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The Panther one is definitely storyline related, and you have to have that.
                        As for the Crow though, i didn't buy that until i completed it once over. Then decided to farm for halo's and get the rest of the techniques and accessories :/

Comment

Hmm, well if I did have it I did not notice that I did. I've restarted now. Having a much better time
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I really can't wait till this is out in the UK

Comment

Those combos are just total, utter, madness!!! makes some of the dmc stuff sauiran used to do look like toddler group (not taking anything away from saurian here the guys a fookin lege!)

Comment

OMG! The climax against the Chapter 7 boss is H'amaze! And the Motorcycle part in Chapter 8 is UN-****IN-REAL! This game is insanely, hideously good.
                                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 21-11-2009, 22:28.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X