[Wii] Rabbids Go Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Wii] Rabbids Go Home

Rabbids Go Home takes a different route than the previous mini game em ups and the result breathes new life into the series, while giving an extremely funny new game and genre to the Wii.

The game has a very simple story, that is told through fantastic little 2D cartoon/comic book style cut scenes. The Rabbids want to go home and require as much rubbish as they can, to get the pile high enough to reach their home planet.

To begin with i thought this was very much the same sort of gameplay as the Katamari games, maybe to a point it is. Rabbids takes a slightly more linier route, pushing you from open area to open area and you do not expand, you can grab any items big or small but only if they are deemed suitable for the rubbish pile. These items are all over the place and have white rings round them so they are not hard to miss. The large and XL items are hard to find and add a huge stock to your pile rather then just the +1 the small items give. Another thing that seperates Rabbids from Katamari, you can bank your junk at points round the level. Just get yourself to a collector Rabbid hit A and the rubbish is shot to the pile. Rabbids gives you 1 shot at an area rather than an overall time limit. Some parts of the levels have timed zones though, however the level structure is such once you go down a certain path you can't go back on your self.

Rabbids you also have a health bar and a form of attack. Shake your Wiimote and you do your aaauuuggghhh this is a form of melee that can strip humans of clothes (yes you have to strip humans) tame dogs or just cause mayhem next to objects resulting in them doing things. For example next to a cash mashine will spew out cash, next to a locker will open the door to give you access to locked inside items. Health is there for when you bump into something hot or sharp, or fall of a high area.

Each new level opens up when you have hit the set junk target to unlock.

Every bit of the game ozzes quality, from the time sucking gameplay, to the extremely well thought out level design and the great comedy Rabbids is a game the most casual or hardcore of gamer can enjoy.

The Wii does not have many must own third party gems but this is one, it you own a Wii buy buy buy.
    Last edited by The Mole; 08-11-2009, 09:57.

Nice impressions mate, though don't be too quick to say there's not many must-own third party titles, there's many out there dude, just overlooked that's all unfortunately.

I was originally really keen on this one, though have to admit my attention has been elsewhere of late. My interest has definitely been rekindled though so will have to check it out once pennys allow.

The Rabbits really are brilliantly designed, i love those little buggers.
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Yeah, it is my opinion that the Wii only has maybe a handfull of must own third party exclusives, but this is sure one of them.

I have sunk a few hours into this today and am still loving it, infact i am even more after playing more.

Comment

I love the rabbids but it looks like you can't say 'stop pissing off my dog', GAME have taken it off the shelves, so no sales from there this week.
        Also shame this game isn't getting more love, previous rabbids games have been kinda poor but this one plays well and still makes you chuckle.

Comment

I got the original on wii's launch. Thought it was great til a certain pump action gun game which was just stupid. Avoided them all since.

Comment

Will my four year old son be able to play this or is it to complicated?

Comment

The game is very easy to play, very minimal controls and understanding. If he can use the nunchuck and the wiimote together should have no probs i would think.

Comment

£19.97 on amazon now, ive orderd a copy

Comment

Just got this and it's utterly bonkers but at the same time completely charming. It's just really funny and the whole premise for the game is just bizarre but for some reason I keep playing (the whole brass band thing, madness).

Comment

Im glad Ubi took a risk on this, they could have quite easily bunged together another Raving Rabbids game and had it sell a couple of million.

Lets just hope the sales are impressive enough for them to take more risks on the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      I got the original on wii's launch. Thought it was great til a certain pump action gun game which was just stupid. Avoided them all since.
                      Haha I know exactly the one you mean, it stopped me playing the franchise anymore too.

THink I'll have to pick this up, looks aces, yet everywhere I've looked instore has either not stocked it, or been sold out (a good sign?).

Comment

Working...
                      X