Karaoke Joysound Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karaoke Joysound Wii

Okay, this is about the first version and several more have come out since, with a DX version out next week. There is a WiiWare version for 1000 points.

It's a karaoke game with a microphone. There are 70 songs on the game disc. Great.

Unsurprisingly, I only knew one of the songs on the disc. *sigh* But wait! You can connect to the internet and access over 50'000 tracks! ...For a price.

24 hours for 300 points
    72 hours for 500 points
    30 days for 1000 points
    90 days for 2000 points

Believe me when I say that you get your money's worth when you do use the online service. From Canada I had no connection problems at all and the selection of songs was ALMOST everything I could think of. Sadly no Skunk Anansie but that was a bit of a long shot. It is a Japanese service after all.

If you like your anime OPs and EDs you'll have a whale of a time (assuming you can keep up with the lyrics). They have all my favourite JAM Project tracks, all the wife's favourite Mr Children, etc. and there's even the Gotcha Force song too.

Problems? Well when selecting a song you have to shrink down the current song and use a fair portion of the right-hand side of the screen to do it. A DS link-up link in Pokemon Battle Revolution would have been excellent here - just like the touchscreen remotes at a real Japanese karaoke box.
    It's entirely in Japanese. It's not possible to struggle through because searches can ONLY use hiragana. This makes finding a foreign song more difficult because you have to try and figure out the correct way to read it J-style. Pain in the behind.

Otherwise great fun and a really good way to annoy the neighbours.

This is the version I have. The WiiWare edition seems to let you search using romaji. I must admit the temptation to get the WiiWare version is quite strong and solely fuelled by my lack of desire to change discs...

Main site.
Working...
X