Battlefield: Bad Company 2 [PS3-Beta]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 [PS3-Beta]

Well, this seems to have gone live in the early hours of this morning so grabbed a quick game before heading to work. First impressions will be quick as the team I was on was rubbish so we didn't get to see the whole map but overall it seems like business as usual in terms of set up and gameplay. The only real negative to hit me is that from the beta and the looks of the level/unlock system it's exactly the same as before which means if the first didn't float your boat you won't find much joy here.

However, there are far more positives. The strange grain filter from the first is gone which gives the engine a very clean and sharp look with the framerate being much more solid than last time. The map in the beta is a very bleached white desert road map which is very much in keeping with the maps of the last game but the two sides start closer together and with immediate tanks available which turns most of the battle into Tanks and Sniper runs.

None of the tongue in cheek quirkyness of B:BC1 is present in the demo but it's most likely that'll turn up once the single player is properly revealed. So far, so good, it should make a welcome change of pace come March from the wave of MW2 playtime

To be fair most of the humour was in the singleplayer, occasionally they had some voice work by one of the characters in MP but it was relatively serious still.

I didn't mind the unlock process, as long as the things like the health vial/packs and UAV scanner are still easy to unlock in a few games I have no problem. To be fair MW2 has plenty to unlock to make MP fun.

Diving in as anything below level 15 in the new game just sucked.

Also I think that preorders get the key things like health as unlocks this time around because they have done a booster pack for preorder. of course these will not be in the beta

Comment

I've just played my first beta match and I love it! The presentation is great, so much chaos, a good evolution of Bad Company. I like how the abilities of the classes have been mixed up and changed, it makes it feel fresh. I like the in-game voices too. I have to say though, I'm looking forward to getting it on the 360 because I just don't get on well with the PS3 controller.

Comment

"Epic fail"

Comment

great stuff! the quality gun sounds and the enhanced environmental destruction make this so much more authentic than MW2 in terms of warfare simulation. seems MW2 multiplayer will get some serious competiton with the release of Bad Company 2. the lack of a CoD-like control scheme is unfortunate for any MW2 player though.

Comment

MJ why you writing Epic fail
            ITS A BETA

Comment

it says it on screen during the video.....'epic fail' when he dies....

Comment

Why is there no impressions in here? Surely people don't fear the NDA reaper?
                I would go as far as saying for me, I have been enjoying this beta more than MW2 DM.
                Sit back with headphones on, late night it feels like you in a mini war the sound is spot on, I jumped when I heard the whisp of a sniper bullet just missing my face, only thing I will moan about.
                Why cant I prone? Crouch only is a bit poo. Oh and dedicated servers FTW, so nice to play 5 hours and not get a single disconnection and snipe someone from miles away and see the body fall as you make the perfect shot.

Comment

The lack of prone is a real mess.
                  The undulating terrain makes a crouch for concealment almost useless!
                  I could see a sniper from a hell of a distance without even looking down the iron sight on my rifle,(This kind of nullifies the entire concept of being a sniper!)

It is a good game though,I really like the ebb and flow of battle,everything quiet then an unholy ****storm is released!
                  Just a quick question about the UAV helicopters how do you control them?

Comment

Anyone have a spare code ? I really want to play this

Comment

just do what I did.
                      pre-order from game website,get code,install game,cancel preorder

Comment

Good plan there

Comment

Ok, thanks to Analog dog I am now in the beta.
                          All I can say is wow ! I used to love BFII on the PC and BFBC left me cold at first, but I played for 3 hours and dispite its faults its by far my favorite online FPS on console

Comment

anyone knows if the rank or any other achievement carries over to the final game? would be interesting to know whether it's worth to level up some more...

Comment

Yeah thanks Analog, I did the same. I already have the 360 version preordered with them so why not

Oh and I remembered why I cannot be bothered with the PS3, the controllers are pap. Well in my hands they are. They always give me PS claw hand and all the buttons feel like they are about to fall off.

You have to press in the analogue stick to run (which you need quite a lot of in BF) and it feels all loose.

The Demo isn't too bad, but I am already seeing lots of glitching and stat padders. *sigh*

I just wish there was more control over console games for end users, like booting these fools. I guess if I did get it on PC I could find a server who banned cheaters. No such luck on the console.
                              Last edited by FelixofMars; 11-12-2009, 07:22.

Comment

Working...
                              X