No announcement yet.

P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only the almost non-existant story you'll miss out on. The rest is totally playable. I think the menus are in english too.

Comment

Working on a new fan art pic, might take a while, but it's looking good so far.

It's basically celebrating the creation of the Papillion suit

Comment

http://www.cjhonline.co.uk/artgaller..._papillion.jpg

New fan art pic of the papillion, didn't take as long as I thought it would. I love my new graphics tablet lol

Comment

P.n. 03

I just bought this game from Play-Asia for a measly ?6 (incl shipping).

I must admit, I read the reviews from many sources before buying this game, but ultimately it was the NTSC-Uk review and forums here that swayed me to buy it.

And man am I not disappointed! This game is AWESOME.

If you love shoot-em ups, then you'll love this game. End of story. All the reviews I read (IGN etc.) have all banged on about the control system and how poor it is. What's poor about it? I think it works great and the whole game just oozes class.

This is going to be in my Gamecube permenantly for the next month at least...!!!

Go and buy it - NOW!

fdsbh

EDIT: For all those wondering about the language barrier - there is none. All the menus are in English - you only miss a few lines of the story in Japanese but there really isn't much story to the game anyway.

Comment

I loved this game. the only thing that put me off was the repetitiveness of it

Comment

Wow. What a game.

My initial reaction was that the naysayers were right for once and this really was the most awkward, bloody-minded game ever. I'm glad I persisted with it instead of chucking it on the shelf, because once you get through the painful learning experience and work out the controls, this is one of the most addictive games ever. No other game has compelled me to spend hours replaying the same five or six rooms, stitched together in a randomly-generated sequence, just to get better high scores and buy new upgrades. Despite seeming so obtuse, this is easily one of the most elegantly designed games I've ever played and will stay in my cube for a long, long time.

Comment

Good to see people still finding PN03 even now!

Since getting the Papillion I haven't played for a while, instead a friend is borrowing it. Hopefully they will see that this game is hugely underrated

Comment

Nice fan pic CJH, I live for the glory of seeing nice pert lady bums

Comment

I also bought this from Play-Asia. Interesting game indeed....

Dodge, fire, dodge, fire, duck, fire, dodge. In the beginning game just felt pretty shallow, but after while, game started to feel better. It feels so extremely satisfying to memorize attack patterns, dodge waves of laser fire, and shoot crap out from the robots. Real hardcore experience.

I have, however, some gripes with the game. In my opinion Vanessa's movements are still bit clunky, and Cube's analog triggers make game harder than it should be. Graphically game is little rough on the edges, but Vanessa is animated well.

BTW, do I get more continues as a game progresses? None of the FAQs that I founded from the net answered this question.
                    Last edited by elkatas; 11-10-2006, 17:07.

Comment

I think you can buy them in the store in between missions, elkatas...

Comment

Lol MattyD, you're welcome. After all, hard to resist a fanpic of the Papillion!

Originally posted by elkatas
                        BTW, do I get more continues as a game progresses? None of the FAQs that I founded from the net answered this question.
                        Two ways of getting Continues, the purple energy balls (just like the green/orange ones for heath/barrier) you find in rooms, usually at the far edges of levels or hidden away. OR inside particularly big enemies.
                        Or you can buy the continues between missions at the Shop, as Fireproof said

Actually, stop off at the big purple energy ball that's like the start/finish points, it's a shop mid-mission, should be able to buy continues there too.

Oh, there's another fanpic in this thread somewhere if you haven't seen it!
                        Last edited by CJH; 12-10-2006, 09:41.

Comment

Working...
                        X