No announcement yet.

P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they sort of liked it, but they didn't, only they did.

Ah. God bless IGN.

Comment

Mine came this morning so I'll try and post some impressions tonight.

Comment

this game looks amazing, really fun too..i've got 8 videos of it aswell. Haven't got the game tho...

Comment

Mine came today from Rising Sun Digital Media.

Have only played 2 levels on easy.

Thus far this is a straight shooter with a 3D take, vanessa is say your ship which you can move left and right to shoot.Ok you can jump and duck as well.As you take out the droids you get points at which you can use to upgrade your powers.

Control is not as bad as some make out.The shoulder buttons move you left and right,A fire ,B jump and Y duck.The power shots are so far 2 presses on the Dpad then fire(I assume these will be more complicated as you play plus its Capcom)The control stick moves our girl and the Z button zips her round 180.

Game play is go into a room take out all droids,go to exit door .Then you see a clear room screen showing how many points you got,time taken and how many rooms left till the boss.The first boss I did not have to move at all 10 seconds tops. Did not reach the second one (had to go to the bog)

Cant really say on playing one level if this game rocks.I like it but this might be a bit simple in the gameplay department for others.(Says a lot for me)Watching the demo on the game things look like they get a bit hectic later on which is good.

Comment

just spent an hour with this...and got to the end of level 2 (on normal)
            I'm really liking it so far
            its just as hugejeans says, negotiate a room as fast as possible, and thats it (so far). But its fun running around trying to do it quickly without getting hit, either by enemy robots or moving laser beams.
            The moves dont flow into each other as nice as they could, but she seams to have frames of invincability when doing special moves which helps out. Dodging enemy fire is also really simple...running around and doing all the moves works, its just when you stop and try to move just a little at a time when the controls get awkward, but thats not the point of the game really.
            so far it's just hectic arcade action, nothing amazing, but thats ok with me

Comment

sorry..it's now 11! hee hee.....

Comment

I've only been able to play for about 30 mins, but it shows promise. Vanessa's movement does feel clumsy to me, and at the moment it just doesn't flow. Her moves look nice, but I do agree with the gamespot comment that Sidez posted. I think if I spend more time on this, the controls should cease to be an issue, as there is plenty to keep me playing.

Every time you destroy an enemy, you set off a small countdown timer, usually only a few seconds. If you take out another enemy before the counter reaches zero, then it starts a combo. The timer goes up and you go for the next kill. I don't know if combos carry on over rooms or not, but it will require some skill to maneuver in and clear large rooms of droids in one succesful chain.

That's about all I've gleaned so far from a few minutes of play, I think I'm going to like ths once I get used to the controls, lets hope we see a score table up soon

Comment

theres a room on level 3 which has various platforms leading up to the exit. Meaning you have to jump between them all, run along thin ledges and combo (if poss) all the enemies.
                  If theres more like this it should be cool.

Comment

Hmmmmmm I think I quite like it. Suprised by the amount of english in it, I figured menu's would be in jap but this is only my thrid jap game so maybe they always are?

Hehe anyway the movements do get quite annoying when you want to run and shoot and end up stopping and starting but I'm sure a few more days of play will sort this out. I'm on about level 5 on easy and easy is RIDICULOUSLY easy! The first boss was taken out with one sprecial move ffs!

Apart from that though I'm quite pleased with it its amazingly satifying to have about four droids about to shoot the hell out of you then just unleash a special attack and take them all out at once Anyway Im going to restart and try normal to see how much the gameplay changes.

Comment

Didn't get a chance to play it yesterday (18 hour working day), but had a quick go this morning. I was very impressed with the little intro when you get onto the planet - cool style (especially when she starts tapping her foot). Did the outside level (on normal) and only got hit once, but promtly died in the second room inside the building.

I like what I see so far, but it does seem odd that you can't move and fire at the same time.

Comment

I'm thinking she gets the shooting energy from the ground whilst two feet are on the ground. And with something that overt, there has to be a reason.

Comment

I saw a video of this is with the Jap Zelda bonus disk.

She doesn't appear to be holding guns anymore. Do all weapons/shots come form her palms now?

Comment

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                              Yup
                              No guns at all. I know it's only asthetics, but

Comment

Gun whore ft:

Comment

Working...
                                X