Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fuddle
    Originally posted by PeteJ
    One thing that is currently bugging me is the two different sidesteps she does. She either does a little spin to the side, which doesn't go very far, or a large cartwheel that goes a lot further - as far as I'm aware there is no way to choose which to do.
    I thought she does the spin on the first press and cartwheel on the second, but perhaps its just me pressing the button harder the second time...have to check it out
    I noticed this too, and had tried different combinations. As far as I can gather, Vanessa can only cartwheel on the second press (regardless of pressure), as a follow-on from the first dodge. I think it allows her to basically cover more ground sideways than the standard dodge.

Comment

Got this today from pmelon and my original hunch was indeed correct...

It's the Gunvalkyrie situation all over again - the game isn't what you expect it to be, which is why so many are blindly slagging it off. That IGN didn't get it doesn't surprise me in the slightest - their Soul Calibur 2 coverage has been frankly criminal and their dismissal of this title is somewhat telling of their commitment to mastering games before they produce their editorial. To think that some of you actually pay for that Insider dross makes me weep.

Along with Made in Wario, we have yet another pure, old-skool-feeling title. Finally, all the things that used to make me tick in games are coming back in full-effect.

Excellent stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
        Got this today from pmelon and my original hunch was indeed correct...

It's the Gunvalkyrie situation all over again - the game isn't what you expect it to be, which is why so many are blindly slagging it off. That IGN didn't get it doesn't surprise me in the slightest - their Soul Calibur 2 coverage has been frankly criminal and their dismissal of this title is somewhat telling of their commitment to mastering games before they produce their editorial. To think that some of you actually pay for that Insider dross makes me weep.

Along with Made in Wario, we have yet another pure, old-skool-feeling title. Finally, all the things that used to make me tick in games are coming back in full-effect.

Excellent stuff.
        He's feeling it!

Sad ennit, when these people that should be giving decent coverage of new games need to have it spoon fed to them or they totally miss it. Glad I went with my hunch too!

Comment

She has a nice ass too

Comment

Originally posted by Edame
            She has a nice ass too

Popcorn......Playa!

Comment

Level 4 - wootage

This game is so solid, can't believe how unforgiving and punishing it is. Unfair even! Still, I'll never give up. Never.

Integra Fusion suit owns the Metroid Fusion suit

Oh yeah...after an hour of P.N.03, my arms are completely dead. Shame the autofire suits aren't so powerful....

Comment

Hi guys

Got my copy at last. Phew...was getting ichy fingers waiting for it.

Initial impressions?

Ignore the idiots on Gamefaqs, and since when did we resort to IGN, and Gamespot "hands on" previews to guide us to a decision whether or not a game was good?

Ive only played it for about an hour so far, and I love it. Yeah, yeah Im a Mikami fanboy and all that, but so far the game is very slick. Im just trying to work out the moves correctly so that I can play the game more in tune with the music.

As Saur said this game isn't for the people who want to run and blast. Its about learning how to play the game properly, and then taking your time and making the most of the gameplay.

Ill post more further in.

Comment

managed to get a 'professional' rank on a few levels now, i wonder what it goes up to?
                  I hope the bosses get a bit tougher though, just did this train thing on level 6, and it only took 2 specials
                  my arms are completely dead
                  same with me...autofires not fast enough, i can do it better than the first powerup myself, perhaps the 2nd ones good

Comment

Originally posted by Game Boy
                    Anyone know if it works with Freeloader?
                    I have this playing on my US Cube using Freeloader(brought in the UK)and have had no probs at all.

Level 9 is tough ,even on easy(or I am crap)

One thing if you want to power your suit up before you play next mission play a trail mission and your score is added on so you can buy power ups.

Comment

This bodes exceptionally well for Viewtiful Joe.

I am looking forward to getting my greasey mits on PN03.

Comment

Is this an old-skool type game where you have to play it through in one sitting or can you save between levels?

I'll probably wait for a few more impressions and maybe a review from a good source. I'm not really into shoters anyway, so I may give this a miss.

*ducks to avoid thrown boots, tomatoes and copies of Ikaruga*

Comment

You can save at the end of each level ,each level has 8-15rooms you have to clear to save.Also on the save screen you can power-up,buy new suits and continues.

Comment

Er this game is a blast!

I'm really enjoying it, especially the ease of which the game flows. Finished the normal mode last night and had that sly sense of satisfaction which I haven't felt in a while.

Hard?

Another day perhaps!

Oh and it works fine with Freeloader.

Comment

You finished normal?

Cripes, I must really be crap at this game...

Comment

I'm sooo glad to have read this thread.

I ordered the game ages ago and on reading various impressions I was a bit worried that this game was gonna be a turkey.

I got the game yesterday, played it and instantly had the same gripes as everyone else ....However after playing it for about an hour, struggling thru level 1 I started to realize what Capcom wanted to do with the game.

The game isn't about running thru blasting, its about strategy and how you tackle each room, using the skills the character has (this is why I think you are evaluated after each room)

Example: At first I was like 'You can't run and shoot, that cr*p!' then once in the line of thinking I was like, 'Right I have to roll out from cover shoot a couple of shots, move, shoot a couple more...maybe a special then get behind cover again' I think this is the exact reason the the characters attributes have been designed the way they have

Once I was in this line of thinking the game became great, I really started to enjoy it and smashed the first 2 levels (normal).....Then I felt kinda coy wondering if I was just forcing myself to like it cause I had bought it?

Reading the previous posts I see other people have figured this out also, it has made me sooo happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X