The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

So far, so much fun! The game feels like it's been laid out better than Phantom Hourglass. There's no having to go back through temple sections (something I personally hated about PH). The visuals feel that little more polished but still have the same cell-charm that Wind Waker had.

Less typing, more playing. I'm off to the second dungeon.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Nice Vid Steve, mine came in yesterday..... But I left it on my desk!
    Guess I may go and get some paper work

Comment

I was going to buy this when it arrived in the delivery on Monday. Called Mrs Teddy with a whole "aww, ickle Link is soo cute" speech only to be told not to buy it.

Hoping that means someone has actually read my Christmas list this year!!

Comment

As much as I realise this statement marks me out as shallow and not a little dumb I'm in a quandary. Do I get the US version with it's nicer, slimmer box or the UK one with the nicer cover but ugly fat euro box? Well, I'm gonna get it one way or the other so that's pretty much the only Spirit Tracks decision I've got.

Comment

I've been put off of this because of the stupid instrument mechanic that requires you to blow into your DS.

I do actually want to be able to play this in public Nintendo. Enough with the pointless gimmicks that make it impossible to do so.

Comment

^ i kinda like that, it makes me remember the gaming perfection of OoT.

I like the game the level layout is great and i am enjoying the phantom bits. However my main grip is the very tedious train travel. When you have to travel from one side of the map to the other, which you have to do time and time again in the first few hours play it gets very tiresome.
            Last edited by The Mole; 10-12-2009, 16:13.

Comment

Until you

enable the Stargates

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                As much as I realise this statement marks me out as shallow and not a little dumb I'm in a quandary. Do I get the US version with it's nicer, slimmer box or the UK one with the nicer cover but ugly fat euro box? Well, I'm gonna get it one way or the other so that's pretty much the only Spirit Tracks decision I've got.
                Same here. I went with the US one in the end The only UK box I have is Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland

Comment

Am so looking to playing this am hoping someone will pick it for me for christmas

Comment

Just

beat Byrne in the fifth section of the tower and witnessed the rebirth of Malladus. Off to the Sand Temple to get the Bow of Light!

Comment

Have to wait on this one... awaiting it as a present
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I am missing something, or has the online multiplayer (from phantom hourglass) been removed from this?

Comment

you're right, it's local only.

Comment

Just got

the Compass of Light so I can track down the Demon Train. Levels 30->24 of the Tower of Spirits were really tiresome, but no boss to beat at the end. Phew

Don't forget to play the dungeon game in Castle Town. Bottom-right house. Level 2 is 3x the length of level 1 btw.

Comment

It's surprising that a new Zelda was released and only inspired 5 days worth of talk before the entire thread disappeared.

I've played a few hours of this and it's a very charming game and reminds me fondly of Minnish Cap but mixed with a very unique and relaxed control system. Most Zelda's are comparatively exacting with its controls and puzzles but Spirit Tracks is designed well for the DS. The combat only requires a touch and Links movements are easily planned out, with only a few instances where I made link roll or lost contact with the screen.

With the relaxed control being a joy to use, the game feels like the first fresh and unique Zelda since Minnish Cap.

And at the moment, I really like the Train!

Comment

Working...
                              X