Blue Toad Murder Files (PSN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Toad Murder Files (PSN)

Downloaded the first two episodes earlier and well this is both great and crap at the same time....

The Good stuff... Well, it has some fun puzzles that actualy made me use my brain, I had lots of fun going through the story mode of the first episode, which is about an hour long (which means that if all the episode end up the same length it will be about £30 for a 6 hour game, so make of that what you will). I would imagine its very entertaining in multiplayer too, might be one for when the family is around on christmas day.

The bad stuff. The guy narrating the game is annoying as hell, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere its a famous person, not sure who though so maybe I'm wrong, but anyway his voice got on my nerves after about 2 minutes. Then theres the fact that once you have completed an episode, that is pretty much it, theres no replay value whatsoever. If you pass on a puzzle the game will give you the answer to it so theres very little point in replaying levels and its extreamly odd that it even lets you replay any puzzles you have already seen becuase of this. Getting all the trophies will also be easy but an increadable chore becuase you need to play the story mode again to get any you missed the first time.

Overall, on one hand its worth getting just becuase its fun while it lasts, however I am not sure about the price tag, its very high for what it is.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 18-12-2009, 00:14.

Is episode 2 up now? I downloaded Ep1 last night but the second one wasn't showing

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
      Is episode 2 up now? I downloaded Ep1 last night but the second one wasn't showing
      I downloaded them both together for a tenner, for some reason part 2 was removed shortly after it went up though, dont know if its back or not.

Comment

Cheers, I'll have to go off the strength of the 1 ep. From what I've read it's an all or nothing deal with the eps building up to a larger mystery

Comment

This 'game' is bloody awful!!
          PS2 graphics, annoying voiceover (one guy did all the voices) crap puzzles, and no replayability whatsoever (the murderer is always the same person)
          I d/l'd this hoping it would be a decent party game for the christmas week when we have peeps round, but having played through episode one I've come to conclusion I wouldn't insult them with this rubbish.

Comment

Downloaded both Eps last night only to find that they don't work on an NTSC machine unless you have a HDTV. Waste of money.

Comment

Has anybody played this and enjoyed it? I'm interested in this type of game, but all the opinions appear to be negative. And looking at the price I'm not looking to pay to try it.

Comment

I've done the first 2 eps and I think I'm done with it now. Effectively you listen to dialogue and work out 12 puzzles per episode before picking the culprit out from 4 suspects. There are some word puzzles etc but most seem to be math based and aren't that hard, the front end is charming enough but as the killer never changes and is seriously easy to pick out first time there's no replay in the eps and the first play takes maybe 45 minutes if that.

Comment

Working...
                X