End Of Eternity (JPN PSN Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Eternity (JPN PSN Demo)

Well i just downloaded this from the japanese PSN, its a new strategy RPG, developed by Tri-Ace and published by Sega, the demo is 683Mb.
    The demo is in the same vain as Valkyria Chronicles cross with the moves of DMC and the looks of Final Fantasy. You have 3 characters at the start of the demo Vashyron & Zephyr both steampunk dudes and Reanbell your typical cute big eyed female character. You move through rooms fighting monsters and people, square makes you run and if you press square again you jump into the air and pull out your guns, pressing X fires, if you have enough time you can shoot again or press square to jump higher, its all very flashy and pretty awesome pulling off a 3 or 4 multi hit is very cool. The graphics look good probably on a par with PS3 Bayonetta. A hope a few people try the demo as i think its pretty sweet and is very much now on my radar.

The characters and settings are incredibly dull. As with most J-RPG's, its Ps2-HD all over again. The music seems to be way out of place.

The gameplay feels as if its too complex for its own good. When you enter danger status you need to reclaim resonance points by manual shooting, which doesn't seem to do any significant damage. The goal is synching the dotted line for a team attack, and keeping the flow.

The flashyness was fun in the first 20 minutes or so, but I got bored of seeing the same aerial attacks over and over again. I doubt this is going to fare anything better than SO. FFXIII truly has no competition, its ridiculous.

Comment

Well I assume its mulit region so I will download it after my dinner!
      Just noticed PSN demo! I have XB360!

Comment

It's also up on the JPN Live Marketplace

Comment

Yeah cheers I found it.
          Can't say I was impressed. Pretty much agreed with Saturn Gamer up there. It was just so boring and the cardboard box locations were poor. I will still look for the full game but its not a purchase right now.

Sums up why Tri-Ace were dropped by Square-Enix.

Comment

grabbed it too....took a while to work out what I was doing and then I got bored. I liked the look of the previews too

Comment

I was pretty damn hyped for this even from the initial trailers, but this demo has put me off a little. In its defence this demo is literally to show off the battle system (which I can't make full sense of in Japanese), and whilst it has some quite interesting mechanics it just doesn't feel especially enjoyable or rewarding. Appreciate the plot might end up being quite interesting or whatever, but this definitely goes down a fair bit in my 'want to play' list.

Comment

This looks to be an enoyable title if it were fully playable and/or in English. I find myself just hammering O, which isn't too interesting IMO. It reminds me of Parasite Eve for some reason.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I got the Parasite Eve vibe from it too; gunplay + movement decision based combat was the deal-sealer for me.

Comment

PE1 is one of my faves. I didn't see the similarities. If there is any, PE probably did it much better in my book

Comment

I got this and despite seeing a gameplay video which made me feel motion sick from all the leaping and backflips, i actually really enjoyed the demo, good fun

Comment

Working...
                      X