Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Demo]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Demo]

This went up on XBL today wich was unexpected (at least for me).

The demo includes 1 multiplayer level which is a snow themed type level - which is different to the previous PS3 beta desert level - and it's pretty big as you'd expect for a Battlefield game. The draw distance is brilliant, with the only things obscuring your view are the snow and dust that gets picked up, adding a real sense of realism to the gameplay.

Sound is absolutely fantastic as well. If you've played a lot of Modern Warfare 2, this demo will really demonstrate how much better the audio can be. Gunfire sounds are brilliant with the noise being effected by where you are, for instance being inside a building or hangar really echoes the sound like you'd expect.

Brilliant demo, and a much desired change of pace and gameplay for a FPS after the months of MW2.
    Last edited by Malc; 28-01-2010, 17:13.

I cannot get in any games...says joining game, then game is unavailable.

Comment

I don't like the changes they've made to the buttons, but I'll get used to it, and for all of Modern Warfare 2's shortcomings, playing games that are not 60fps feels like such a step backwards, again something I'll adjust to the more I play it. I didn't expect the f-bombs from the in-game AI speech, but I liked how it added to the carnage. It feels quite different to Bad Company and not as polished as I was hoping or it looks in the videos, but hopefully this is just because it's the demo build. My first kill was a knife kill and it was good to start collecting those dog tags again.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
        I cannot get in any games...says joining game, then game is unavailable.
        Yeah, earlier I managed to get a couple of hours of play in, but this evening when everyones playing it's having server issues.

I can't understand how a major company like EA can cock up more than once by not having enough server capacity. They need to just let Microsoft handle everything to do with the online side of things, that way MS would just realise the bloody obvious that the demo may be quite popular for the first week or so and section off enough servers for it.

Comment

I used the Play with friends option and got in first time, no luck with Quick Play though.

Only on for about ten minutes as I have to shoot out so no opinions on quality apart from....holy crap the sound is good.

Comment

The more I'm playing it, the less I like it compared to Bad Company. The button changes are annoying for the soldiers and vehicles, as is the lack of third person view in tanks, the movement doesn't feel very smooth, I hope this is because it's a demo build, and what's with the no kills from a perfect headshot. This has gone from a definite day one purchase to a not sure since playing the demo. I was really hoping I would like it as much as Bad Company and more than Modern Warfare 2, but it's not so at the moment.

Edit: I've found the Bad Company 1 button options, so that has sorted out a couple of things.
            Last edited by MJ; 28-01-2010, 19:34.

Comment

I tried every button expect the D-pad ones for third person view. I hated that change in 1943. Why move it from the thumbstick, as it was in Bad Company, where it's much more accessible and easier to use when driving a tank?!

I really hope the poor movement, unresponsiveness and jerkiness really is because it's a demo build. It doesn't feel like you're connected to your on-screen character like Bad Company.

I just got kicked from a game, my own fault because I hadn't spawned yet, and it never saved any of my kills, dog tags or points from the match to that point, but it does when you exit a game yourself.

The menus feel really cluttered and not very clear as well.

Comment

Love it love it love it, sold.

Comment

After clocking up over 12 days of play time on Bad Company and really looking forward to BC2, BC2's demo doesn't feel like nearly two years worth of development. It doesn't really feel like a sequel to a game I loved playing. Hopefully the retail build is much more polished than the demo.

Comment

I feel bad cause if Bad Company 2 is even a fraction similar to Bad Company 1, I feel I may have missed something great Was so impressed on ps3 beta I pre-ordered it straight away, I didnt even touch Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer til after christmas.
                    This can only bode well for Medal of Honour reboot as the Multiplayer is being handled by Dice.
                    Was coming in here to mention Dice have confirmed 10pm GMT tonight they are resetting the servers and should sort the issues out, had some horrible laggy moments last night.

Comment

I don't know why people are moaning about the demo build (this moan isn't directed at anyone in particular )
                      Bad Company was a laggy piece of **** with constant disconnections and lag induced insta-deaths,do you really think this is going to be any different?
                      EA nation is pants,always has been,always will be.

The demo represents exactly what the retail build will be like,don't try and kid yourself it will be any different.

That said I've got a 360 pre-order so I'm hoping to be proved entirely wrong!

Comment

I haven't encountered any lag or disconnections, my demo build comments are regarding the look and feel of the game. In my opinion Bad Company plays better and feels smoother than this demo representation of BC2, so I'm really hoping it's an old demo build and that the retail version will be much improved and actually feel like the sequel to a game I had a lot of fun playing online.

Comment

I'm getting back into the swing of Bad Company a bit now, but there is a lot that needs addressing for the final release: they need to remove the stupid random screen jerks, grenades need to feel more weighty, I miss the little riff that used to play when you got an Award during a match and the sound of the knife, the knife swipe animation is horrible, a lot of polish in general. I know it's only a demo, but it really is behind Bad Company in certain aspects.

Edit: They should remove the kill cam, Bad Company one didn't need it, or either give you an option to skip it or if your forced to watch it for several seconds remove the respawn countdown that proceeds it.
                          Last edited by MJ; 30-01-2010, 07:39.

Comment

It's certainly a bit of a mess at the moment.
                            Constantly getting stuck on bits of scenery,hell even going up some stairs can be a bit of a schlep.
                            The sprint function is a joke you go form walking to tip-toeing a little faster,it takes an age to cover distance.
                            The vehicle weapon zooms don't work properly,constantly resetting etc.
                            My favorite moment so far is coming head to head with a sniper,my PKM vs his M9,unloading 30 rounds into him and him taking me out

Comment

I thought I would try Bad Company again to compare it to the BC2 demo and it feels like a much better product and it's clearer with regards to what's going on, getting hit, etc. Here's hoping Dice come through on the retail version compared to the demo, because the demo feels quite rough.

Comment

Working...
                              X