No announcement yet.

Bioshock 2 [PS3/360/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has all the makings of a rushed money spinner. I felt that the story of Bioshock was quite nicely concluded in the original, and while a sequel wouldn't have been unwelcome, I'd have liked for some forethought to have gone into making improvements to the engine at the very least if the location wasn't going to change, or even put it off for the next wave of consoles. Without sub-par online mode, this probably wouldn't be too far off a full priced expansion pack as opposed to an all new game.

Don't like regenerating enemies, story seems cack, multiplayer is tacked on, released too close to other games that have been/will be more popular than it. Not winning over my 30 quid I'm afraid 2k!

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      This has all the makings of a rushed money spinner. I felt that the story of Bioshock was quite nicely concluded in the original, and while a sequel wouldn't have been unwelcome, I'd have liked for some forethought to have gone into making improvements to the engine at the very least if the location wasn't going to change, or even put it off for the next wave of consoles. Without sub-par online mode, this probably wouldn't be too far off a full priced expansion pack as opposed to an all new game.

Don't like regenerating enemies, story seems cack, multiplayer is tacked on, released too close to other games that have been/will be more popular than it. Not winning over my 30 quid I'm afraid 2k!

Multiplayer is far from tacked on and it's unfair for you to judge it without even having played it.

Comment

I think visually its definetly a 2007 game. Its definetly done everything wrong that mass effect 2 did everything right. if you know what i mean. Texture popup, seriously. Mass Effect 2 has a ****load more going on and it doesn't have that.

Comment

Im getting my ass kicked in this game compared to bioshock 1 where i essentially used the wrench the whole game except bosses and daddys, perhaps im getting old, although i expected to take bit more punishment being a big daddy and all

It was an impulse buy really while i was stuck in the city waiting for the bus, should of got mag....ah maybe not heh

Comment

Originally posted by mr_woo View Post
            Multiplayer is far from tacked on and it's unfair for you to judge it without even having played it.
            I don't need to play it to know that it hardly breaks new ground - if people are still 'crowding' it beyond the launch fortnight I will be impressed.

Comment

I'm still not very far (I tend to game in very short bursts these days) but I'm enjoying it despite not experiencing the same sense of awe as in the original.

However, I am getting a perverse thrill using the drill on Splicers.

Comment

If any of you disappointed folks wish to get rid of your 360 copy, would you kindly send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                  I don't need to play it to know that it hardly breaks new ground - if people are still 'crowding' it beyond the launch fortnight I will be impressed.

You are of course correct, it doesn't break new ground. It's things like Team Deathmatch, Capture The Little Sister etc but the setting is still very special and it's nice to use the cool mix of plasmids and weapons in multiplayer. It's nice to have a multiplayer game which isn't another military shooter. To me tacked on would be something made with little care or thought and just shoved in (for example Condemned 2, great single player - awful multiplayer) which is not the case with this. Sure, they crib the COD levelling system but it works very well and it seems to be pretty well designed thus far. Time will tell in terms of balance issues which may become known. Capture The Little Sister is especially chaotic and just downright frantic fun. I played that for 2 hours last night and I still haven't touched the single player yet

I hope it doesn't die a death in two weeks, it's fun and I hope it gets a fanbase who continues to play it.
                  Last edited by mr_woo; 10-02-2010, 07:49.

Comment

Stuck a fair few hours on the single player now, playing on Hard with Vita-Chambers off and it sure makes for a more tense experience, fighting those Big Sisters make a Big Daddy seem like a ponce, I definitely brace myself when you hear one of them screeching in.

Is there any benefit to rescuing the little sisters? I do because that's how I play but unlike the first one there doesn't seem to be any gifts left behind for you to make up for the loss of ADAM. I could be wrong, which I usually am!

Comment

Played a fair bit through now.

Just doesn't really click like the first one did. The locations haven't been as awe inspiring as in the first one. The Libertarian propaganda ride was entertaining but they didn't exploit the whole theme park idea like they could've done.

Adam harvesting is a bit of a chore and the way it pushes you through the levels spoils the sense of exploration. The combat is too frequent and it's irritating the way splicers spawn from all sides (and how they're incredibly accurate and can be incredibly hard to hit when they're behind cover).

That said, I'm still hooked.

@Dez: I'm guessing the gifts left for you by the girl you're trying to rescue are the reward you get. They're hidden away though so it's possible to miss them (unlike in the first game where they were placed so you couldn't miss them)
                      Last edited by abigsmurf; 10-02-2010, 07:52.

Comment

can anyone tell me how do i use mini turrets? ive found a ton of them but cant seem to figure out how you use them

Comment

They're deployed using the hack tool.

Anyone else find all the weapon switching especially unwieldly this time around? plasmid types, weapon types, ammo types, special attacks, using the camera, remote hack tools... There's a bit too much stuff to juggle around.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            thanks

Comment

Good God! My feelings on this vary wildly from "sweet" when I'm walking around taking in the atmosphere, searching through rooms for items to "gaahhhhh" when the constantly respawning enemies manage to get the drop on you through their sheer weight of numbers.

The one thing that really annoys are the battles with

Big Sisters

as they move so fast and are so powerful that it takes all the fun and strategy out of the battles. I end up wearing them down a little bit until I die and then carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post

Anyone else find all the weapon switching especially unwieldly this time around? plasmid types, weapon types, ammo types, special attacks, using the camera, remote hack tools... There's a bit too much stuff to juggle around.
                                Yes, definetly. Was hoping the switch button would switch between two of your most recent used ones instead of cycling through them (like ME). I don't like bringing up the menu's, it pauses the action.

Comment

Working...
                                X