No announcement yet.

Espgaluda 2 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the normal edition playing in my PAL 360 right now, if any confirm is still needed.

Also, arrange mode is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nuskool View Post
      So for a shmup (well, Cave) novice type what would people recommend, this or Mushi?
      If you're interested in shoot em ups on the 360, I would recommend Mushi (without having actually played ESPGaluda 2, but having read quite a bit about it). It's got three main gamemodes, one of which is really easy to get into, but still has enough depth to last years.

If you've got a japanese PS2 I would easily recommend the original ESPGaluda though.

Comment

Requiring some info...
        I played novice mode for both X360 and BL modes, plus some more Omake and I think to understand how the system works.

In X360 mode, when you kill enemies with the main character you get emeralds which fuel the secondary character's slowdown ability. When an enemy is killed with this ability on, all bullets spawned are converted into gold and the score multiplier goes up. When the slowdown ability has eaten up all emeralds, bullets turn red with the secondary character...and...?
        Does gold serve a purpose aside extra points at the end of the level? I see it decreasing after some time and you are rewarded for what you've collected, not spared to the end of the level.
        The barrier absorbs enemy projectiles and the more you absorb, the more powerful will be the resulting "bomb". Barrier energy can be refilled by dying and collecting "E" power ups.

In Black Label mode the gold-converting capability is standard, you don't need the secondary character, but he still slows down bullets until there are emeralds.
        Haven't noticed any other difference...or am I wrong?

In Omake the barrier button is gone and activated...mhmm...randomly? Or when you have absorbed enough red bullets? The barrier still has its gauge that cannot be refilled until death or "E" power up.

Have I got things right? I read some infos around the net but I'm trying to figure out the system myself by playing.

but could have sworn I'd asked PA in the past and they'd said no.
        I once asked the same and they replied they can't mark down prices...it's rather unfortunate as the PA service would be near-perfect with this. VGP always mark prices down without asking.
        Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 01-03-2010, 20:18.

Comment

Not really feeling the love for this. I don't think it's as accomplished a game as Futari. The graphics aren't as interesting, the music isn't as good (OST or AST), and the detailed scoring mechanics are just too far the wrong side of complex for my liking. Getting a bit bored of the fantasy settings too. Oh well, not long till Ketsui now...

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            In X360 mode, when you kill enemies with the main character you get emeralds which fuel the secondary character's slowdown ability. When an enemy is killed with this ability on, all bullets spawned are converted into gold and the score multiplier goes up. When the slowdown ability has eaten up all emeralds, bullets turn red with the secondary character...and...?
            Does gold serve a purpose aside extra points at the end of the level?
            first 2 posts on this page give a basic idea of how it works:

not played the port yet but just going on the arcade modes i'd recommend futari over this too, although i think they're both great, espgaluda 2 is just a bit too confusing for me.

Comment

I think the prequel is Cave's greatest game yet. Not had a chance to play this yet but will do later this evening. The scoring mechanics may seem complicated but it really isnt, Youtube some videos and have a play with the system, its immensley satusfying once it clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Also, arrange mode is awesome.
                Care to explain it to a clueless player? I gave it a shoot today and first I was greeted by an achievement and then I noticed the mechanics are a rework of all other modes plus something else...I think I now understand how the X360 and BL scoring mechanics work but still have to fully understand Omake and Arrange.

Comment

In short it's all about bullet cancelling. Enemies shoot different types of bullets, which are cancelled by different things. From memory, blue bullets are cancelled by shot, pink by laser, and then you have purple where you need to kill the originator of the bullets. When you go into kakusei blue/pink go to a different shade of purple but act like normal purple bullets... I think. There's also the fact that switching between shot/laser drops your gems too.

Can't say I fully understood Omake, but bullets change colour when they get close to you and then cancel when you switch in/out of kakusei... don't think this is how it's meant to be played though. Combined with auto-bomb, this mode makes for a very easy 1cc if you're playing for clear.

Comment

I haven't even got the game at my brain is scrambled already.

I'm collecting my copy today and plan to try and nail the standard version first.

Is the tutorial easy to follow?

I'm a fairly basic guy when it comes to shooting stuff up ... maybe I bought the wrong game, lol

Comment

Espgaluda II Black Label

50 Achievements split between 38 regular and 12 Secret Achievements.

Arcade/Xbox 360

• 悲劇の王子 (10)
                        Defeat the 1st stage boss
                      • 哀しき軍人 (10)
                        Defeat the 2nd stage boss
                      • 無垢な姫 (10)
                        Defeat the 3rd stage boss
                      • 哀しき男の末路 (15)
                        Defeat the 4th stage boss
                      • ずっとこの時を待っていた (15)
                        Defeat the 5th stage boss Seseri
                      • 未知なる力 (20)
                        Defeat the 6th stage boss
                      • 究極の進化 (25)
                        Defeat the final boss
                      • まだみぬ未来を (15)
                        Clear the game with Ageha
                      • 羽ばたく蝶 (30)
                        1cc the game with Ageha (Novice mode not allowed)
                      • 想い (15)
                        Clear the game with Tateha
                      • 本当の想い (30)
                        1cc the game with Tateha (Novice mode not allowed)
                      • 結末の願い (15)
                        Clear the game with Asagi
                      • さよなら (30)
                        1cc the game with Asagi (Novice mode not allowed)
                      • 任務完了 (25)
                        Clear the game with all characters

Arrange Mode

• 聖霊マニア (10)
                        Turn a total of 10 million bullets into gems, cumulative across all plays
                      • 金塊マニア (10)
                        Turn a total of 10 million bullets into gold, cumulative across all plays
                      • 勝利 (30)
                        Clear Arrange Mode with all characters
                      • 完全勝利 (50)
                        1cc Arrange Mode with all characters
                      • 吐き出せ! (15)
                        Allow enemies to fire a total of 10 million bullets, cumulative across all plays
                      • 太っ腹 (15)
                        Go from MAX(1000) to 0 gold in one use of Overmode
                      • はじめての弾消しっ! (5)
                        Cancel a bullet
                      • ランク王 (20)
                        Play with increased rank
                      • 哀しき少女の涙 (75)
                        Defeat Shin Seseri at Level 5*5 rank or over
                      • 見物人 (5)
                        Download and watch an All-clear replay that is not your own, then reach a higher level

Black Label

• ブラック社長 (20)
                        1cc Black Label with all characters
                      • ケンカはやめて (10)
                        Destroy hate-filled Seseri while playing as Seseri
                      • 1000倍発見! (10)
                        Earn an x1000 multiplier
                      • 赤がお好きですね? (30)
                        Stay in Zesshikai Over for 1 minute of in-game time
                      • 手助け無用 (20)
                        Destroy a boss without using the bullet proximity slowdown
                      • 生めよ増やせよ (10)
                        Split 500 enemy bullets in Zesshikai mode
                      • 減点王 (20)
                        Use the bullet proximity slowdown to lose 1 million points in a single game
                      • 加点王 (20)
                        Use the bullet proximity slowdown in Overmode to gain 1 million points in a single game
                      • どんだけ1000倍マニア (30)
                        Cause 10000 x1000s to pop up in a single game
                      • 絶 is 無敵 of 満タン (10)
                        Completely fill the hyper invincibility gauge to MAX
                      • FINISH 1000! (20)
                        Destroy a boss in Zesshikai with an x1000 multiplier
                      • 無茶しやがって (20)
                        Destroy a boss in Zesshikai Over with an x1000 multiplier
                      • 金塊万 (20)
                        Grab 10000 gold in a single game

Omake!

• ○○○のおまけ (10)
                        1cc Omake Mode

SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS

• 1面番長 (50)
                        Earn 2 extends in Stage 1
                      • レッドフォックス (20)
                        Stay in Kakusei Over Level 3 for at least 5 minutes of in-game time
                      • the 15th Anniversary (10)
                        Grab a total of 15 life-up L-icons
                      • 待てぬ海路に泉あり (20)
                        Grab a total of 1000 gems and 1000 gold each from the hidden fountain in Stage 2
                      • サディスティック・エリート (20)
                        Playing as Asagi, destroy a total of 5000 Asagi clones across all plays
                      • 反逆のアルケミスト (20)
                        Playing as Ageha, change a total of 100000 bullets into gold across all plays
                      • どうして、こんなになっちゃったの? (20)
                        Playing as Tateha, destroy hate-filled Seseri
                      • ソーマ完全崩壊 (60)
                        With every character, 1cc the game plus defeat hate-filled Seseri during the run
                      • ウェーッハッハッハー (10)
                        Destroy all of the Stage 4 boss's parts and then defeat him by time out
                      • 気合で避けろ! (10)
                        Defeat the stage 1 boss without dying, using the guard barrier, or entering Kakusei or Zesshikai
                      • 毎月30日発売 (5)
                        Continue a total of 30 times
                      • ムネタツのようにブラックレーベル (5)
                        Get shot or run into an enemy within 10 seconds of starting Stage 1 in Black Label

Comment

You should probably credit the people you've directly copied that from @ Shmups...

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                          The graphics aren't as interesting, the music isn't as good
                          Funny you should say that, I think the exact opposite. First time I saw this on an arcade monitor my jaw hit the floor, all those blues, greens and yellows and the lovely pastel backgrounds. Still Caves prettiest SH-3 based game IMO. Maybe I'm being a snob but it doesn't have that impact on a Yoko HDTV.

Always loved the soundtrack though. Lots of little melodies remixed from the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                            Funny you should say that, I think the exact opposite. First time I saw this on an arcade monitor my jaw hit the floor, all those blues, greens and yellows and the lovely pastel backgrounds. Still Caves prettiest SH-3 based game IMO. Maybe I'm being a snob but it doesn't have that impact on a Yoko HDTV.
                            I wasn't playing yoko on a HDTV (I don't own a HDTV). I was playing in tate on a Sony Trinitron 32".

The graphics might be sharp and colourful, but the designs are uninspired, especially the bosses. Total weak-sauce.

Comment

Woot!!!! My copy arrived today no customs charge or nuffink

Looking forward to giving this a crack tonight...no stick at the mo though so pad only for me

Still it sounds aweosme & the Faceplate is lush

Neil

Comment

This is one of Cave's best IMO, got the limited edition today with also no tax!

Comment

Working...
                                X