No announcement yet.

Espgaluda 2 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still playing this quite regularly. In fact a few times a week and it completely dominates my gaming sessions.

Now managed to jump my score up to 387,334,580 (Black Label) and got almost to the end of Stage 4. Currently ranked 228 in the world, which is probably the best I have ever done at anything ever.

Comment

Hmm, just received this but one major thing is annoying me. I have my 360 connected at 1280x1024 on a monitor and the game still displays in widescreen so I end up with the actual game with a height of around 6 inches lol. First time with any game i've had this problem. I have tried lowering the res. in the xbox settings but my monitor pops up an annoying message about non standard res every few minutes.

Apart from that I've had a few games and I think I need to have a read about how to play it... must be honest I think futuri is a million times better at the moment. Hope I can get into it a bit more :\

Comment

Hi just got this and mushi today. i have only played it a very samll ammount as it was very confusing. Does anyone know if you can change the menu into english ? Also, what are the best options for a plasma- (not tateable at the mo), for the best looking graphics ?
        cheers

Comment

Eh? Espgaluda 2 and Mushihima's menus are in English. I was playing Espgaluda 2 last night. Just make sure your 360 is in English mode.

On my 37" LED I use the standard set up zoomed to 113% with smoothing on. Looks fantastic. Or if you don't want to zoom then use the TV's overscan feature (If it has one) to zoom the image. On good TVs this will alsolook great.

Comment

cheers. i have a pioneer krp plasma, it's running in dot by dot mode. game is -zoomed width to about 110% and height to 113%, graphics on smoothed. i really wanted to try tate mode so i brought the bedroom 22inch lcd downstairs, it is a very inferior tv-white samsung, and i think i'll wait til i can have another option.
            There's a lot of jap writing although menus are english yes, but i'm not sure about a lot of the other stuff at the mo.
            I am going to try turning my head on a side and play like that on full screen but not tated.
            i really didn't like it at first, then i played novice mode and it's starting to make sense. shoot normal to get emeralds. emeralds enable you have the ability to switch the bullets pink- while bullets are pink blow up the ship s that fired them for big points.
            then there are the red bullets- which i think is mode where you just keep shooting for more points ?
            Any tips for a numpty like me ?
            Cheers.
            oh, by the way, i died right at the end of the game, the last boss only had a little tiny bit of energy left, which i depatched when i re-spawned. is there an achievement for 1cc the game without dying ?

Comment

Can anyone tell me what ranking is/does? I've downloaded and watched an all-clear so now I can adjust the two ranking figures in the options screen. But what do they do?

Comment

I may be wrong about this, so someone feel free to correct me.

The rank in Arrange will appear as 1*1 (numbers can be changed up to 55 or thereabouts), the first number determines how many bullets enemies will shoot, and the second how many purple/red bullets when in Zesshikai. The second number is important as you can rake in a ton of gold and increase your score by a lot more.

I can't remember if you'll get leaderboard credit for using a downloaded rank, but as a means of practice, it fares well.

Comment

Ta, much appreciated.

Comment

i'm rubbish at this, and i'm so frustrated by that. i know there's a great game waiting for me, sick of only getting about 7 million on the first level !

Comment

sold it- i don't understand it enough. shame.

Comment

ウェーッハッハッハー10 Destroy all of the Stage 4 boss's parts and defeat the last form by time-out

anyone got any idea why this will not unlock for me?? doing my head in

Comment

Been playing this a bit recently. It's rather complex isn't it? I read this 3 times and I've still no idea how it works . Can anyone summarise for me what I should be doing? Trying to focus on original mode for now so my brain doesn't completely melt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
                            Been playing this a bit recently. It's rather complex isn't it? I read this 3 times and I've still no idea how it works . Can anyone summarise for me what I should be doing? Trying to focus on original mode for now so my brain doesn't completely melt.
                            Alright, I'll give it a go - its been a while since I've played so hopefully I'll get it right....

Normally, enemies leave behind green gems.

Hitting the kakusei (awakening) button makes all the bullets slow. When in this mode you use up green gems. However, in this mode enemies leave behind gold gems. In this mode there is a score multiplier based on the number of bullets on screen.

Holding down the kakusei button slows down bullets but also makes bullets spawn more bullets. In this mode you use up both green and gold gems. In this mode there is a similar multiplier but it goes up to even higher values so this is the mode where you earn all the points.

If you run out of gems or whatever in one of the kakusei modes, all the bullets go really fast.

So, basically for scoring you want to collect a load of green gems, then press the kakusei button and collect loads of gold gems. Then when you get to a bit with loads of stuff happening on screen, press and hold the kakusei button to use up your green/gold gems you've collected and get loads and loads of points with a very high multiplier.

There's also something about spending most of level 1 in kakusei over mode because this builds up some other level thing (which you can see by a circle spinning round your ship, once its done that for a few times its maxed out and you can do the scoring tricks written above.

Comment

Thanks! I've been playing some more and what you wrote seems to make sense. So, basically the way to score is, once you have gems and gold, to stay in the mode where the extra bullets spawn and make as many of them appear as possible? One thing I don't quite get is the gold though, is there no other purpose to it other than enabling the 2nd kakusei mode? I thought it was like a multiplier too.

Comment

Um, I honestly can't remember if the gold is the multiplier too. Its been a long time since I've played it. But yes, as far as I know (and I've never gotten very far) the trick is to get into the kakusei zetsushikai or whatever is mode as much as possible on the bits where there are loads of bullets/enemies anyway. I kindof gave up on the game because the speed/slowdown on the iPhone and Xbox versions are completely different, so I built up all my tactics for where to enter each mode and how to dodge stuff on the iphone when I was on the train journeys and then I couldn't use any of those tactics on the 360.

Comment

Working...
                                X