[PC] Supreme Commander 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PC] Supreme Commander 2

I've had a good few weeks with this now and I am happy to say that it is excellent in multiplayer mode. I haven't actually played single player nor skirmish against the AI yet and I doubt I will as this game is all about multiplayer to me.

My big concern about the game originally was the dumbing down of the original by making all the experimental units easily accessible. I found that turning off Research Units mitagated this. There is great flexibility in the options.

The game is basically SC again with slightly better graphics and everything speeded up so it does run pretty well on my old Quad 6600 with 9800GTX and 4Gb ram. I have it running dual screen at 1920 x 1200 across both my Dell monitors and there is only slowdown when there is a huge battle going on but even then, it performs much better than SC1.

THe maps are all pretty good but I'd like to see more. No doubt the first expansion will bring that. Fave units so far are the long range artillery and the Noah Cannon but I have yet to explore all 3 factions fully.

The game can be had for ?18 or so now and I would hearily recommend it for those who hanker for more SC.

Playing the 360 demo, really enjoying it!

Ostensibly, it feels like a tank rush. But that may just be the missions on the demo. Or maybe not, I don't care. It's really quite stripped back and feels like a weight-of-numbers title, which is ok with me. I really enjoyed Total Annihilation and this feels like the next best thing. Graphics are functional, nowhere near as good as Halo Wars, but then you can have 250 units at once.

So far, pleased to have bothered with it.

Comment

Working...
    X