Chaos Rings iPhone/touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaos Rings iPhone/touch

Why is no-one talking about this wonderful little game? It's an RPG developed for the iPhone by Square-Enix. I've only spent 40mins to an hour on it so far, so obviously can't give full details on the story. The jist so far however, eclipse, 5 couples dissappear and are transported to an arena where they are going to be forced to fight each other, with the overall winners receiving immortality. Battles are proper turn based, with the option of attacking with each char separately each turn, or combining their efforts for a stronger attack. The music so far is charming enough, nothing thats blown my mind into best soundtrack ever mode, but nice all the same. The graphics however are gorgeous, who knew an ipod could do stuff like this (probably quite a few of you actually, but I've only just started using mine for games), it wouldn't look out of place on a PSP imo though. The game does use virtual controls to move you chap/chapette, which in my brief experience, can be a serious pain in the back bottom, but the stick appears wherever you put your thumb down, so at least it doesn't get in the way, and it's much more responsive than alot of the others I've used, (Twin Blades being particularly bad, as I'd always end up going backwards accidently). I can see quite a few people having problems with the price, ?7.49 on the app store, but personally I'm very happy with my purchase.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 21-04-2010, 14:10. Reason: embedded youtube

I believe it's on offer too.

Comment

It's on offer...and it's still £7.49?

Comment

This isn't on offer. All the other Squeenix titles are on offer though to commemorate the launch of Chaos Rings.

I've spent about 3 hours in this so far and I hope it gets harder. I've been playing in level groups about 10 levels higher than what I currently am and it's far too easy with a heavy reliance on Paired Attack. That said, attaching an element to an enemy then slamming them with an attack of the opposite element is huge fun.

It's good. It's very good. But I'm hoping things get much harder and you need to start using proper gene skills. That would just be brilliant.

Comment

In contrast, I've been killed by enemies about my level - and the first mid boss (only boss I've seen so far) gave me serious problems and I beat him by the skin of my teeth.

I'm using Eluca and Zhoma, for reference, - Zhoma's a bit rubbish when it comes to physical attacks.

Comment

Is the framerate as dodgy as it is in that video above?

Comment

I've not noticed any problems on my 3GS.

Comment

Originally posted by therev View Post
                In contrast, I've been killed by enemies about my level - and the first mid boss (only boss I've seen so far) gave me serious problems and I beat him by the skin of my teeth.

I'm using Eluca and Zhoma, for reference, - Zhoma's a bit rubbish when it comes to physical attacks.
                That's awesome. I've been using the other two so I'll have to try those characters out to see if the difficulty increases.

Comment

Are there any realtime elements to the combat or is it completely turn based? Normally I would prefer it if there was but this would be perfect to play during quiet spells at work if the combat is simply choosing attacks from menus

Comment

Well so far for me combat has been picking attacks from menus.

Comment

I bought this yesterday and enjoying it so far, really high production values for an iPhone game. Hopefully a sign on things to come. The story and mechanics seem very similar to The World Ends With You, but in a traditional JPRG setting, which is a very very good thing.

Question: I've finished the first dungeon but only have two of four stars, how do you go about collecting the other two? I've entered again with higher enemy levels but didn't even have any enemy encounters despite walking through the entire dungeon two times.
                      Last edited by Anilones; 28-04-2010, 15:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X