Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess (PSN/XBLIG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess (PSN/XBLIG)

PSP Mini, so probably works on PS3 too, I think, or something.

As the title implies, this is a game that doesn't take itself too seriously and it's also very funny! You're The Duke, who wakes up one morning to find his princess gone. Gone! Well, it was probably monsters, right? So off you go, looking for monsters and then beating the crap out of them.

You play by leaping up platforms, chasing the monster up the screen - you have to double jump into it three times before it escapes at the top of the level. You get more points and move faster when your combo is higher, and combos are built by jumping on platforms. You get +1 for every platform you hit, unless you jump on a platform you've already jumped on in which case the combo is lost. You can also wall jump off the sides of the levels which enables you to get a bit higher and doesn't lose your combo.

There's a story mode and then a score attack mode where the combo is ultra important.

It's a lot of fun, this. Silly plot, funny, great gameplay. Get it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

So it's, basically, Rainbow Islands? (And/or Towering Adventure.)

Comment

Kind of, but there's no attacking or regular enemies. It's all about jumping and building combos.

Comment

that looks very cool wil give it a try, theres a castlevania vibe to the tunes too

Comment

All the music is classical, so it's not really like Castlevania. There's no J-rocking out.

This is great, very charming, although a little bit more simplistic than I thought it was going to be. I thought there'd be a bit more conventional platforming to it.

Comment

This is out on Xbox Indie now for 240 points.

Comes with HD visuals now instead of smeary upscaled ones which you get playing the minis on a PS3.

Rather than regurgitate my review-lite for Console Arcade, you can read why I think you should get it by clicking below

Comment

The XBLIG one isn't a great port. It has MASSIVE borders.

Comment

Dammit!

Comment

It still plays brilliantly and that, just, seems a bit lazy! Probably not really worth that much effort though for the return they'll see from it

Comment

Looks like another variant on the doodle jump thing

Comment

Working...
                    X