No announcement yet.

Super Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchased the Arcade Edition on the weekend as it was almost the same price as the download (PSN really needs to monitor its prices better) and I had a few good online games. I decided to try and use E.Honda for now, and suprised at how powerful he is, however, i am struggling to pull of his Orochi Breaker as i just end up doing the regular orochi throw. Does anyone have any tips on how to 720 motions effectively? Also, I am having trouble pulling of the sumo headbut mid combo. How do you guys do charge moves in the middle of the combo?

Comment

Using an arcade stick?

Comment

Yeah, Dreamcast one through a USB connector. Also got the madcatz SFIV pad though.

Comment

Speaking of which I need to replace my stick lever...

Comment

I think a lot of people (me included) struggle with 720s. I think the only solutions are lots of practice, or doing something else before it. The classic being to jump in (or straight up), then do 720 motion just before you land, then hit the buttons as you land. Alternatively can do it mid-headbutt, or during an attack to avoid jumping.

Regarding combo into headbutt, it should be easy. I don't know honda, but an example would be jump forward and immediately hold back (or down-back), land a jump-in attack, then a standing/crouching hit, then forward and punch for the headbutt.

Comment

Thanks Psyduck. So the command can be interrupted (for example the standing hit) before you finish the sequence and it will still work? I didn't realize it was so relaxed and will give it a try in training mode when I get home tonight!

Comment

The same applies when trying out various option selects. Usually if you're watching tournament players, when they're whiffing normals, there's usually a option select hidden behind it incase it catches.

Comment

Some moves can be cancelled into others, which would mean you can interrupt one hit to do the next.

For example, I think if you charge down-back with e honda, press mk (for crouching medium kick), then forward + punch as soon as the kick hits you should combo into headbutt (as long as you've charge back long enough, usually by doing it during a jump in).

However, you won't be able to cancel into his 720 ultra, you'll have to wait until one move has completely stopped, whether it hits or not, before you can do the ultra. With a quick move like a jab though it might still be enough to get the element of surprise. Or another example of the use is with zangief, where his standing hard kick moves him forward, which can be enough to get within range.

Comment

Working...
                  X