No announcement yet.

Split Second (360, PS3 & PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Plays come in 2 Levels, you increase your activation bars by drifting and drafting.
    You can trigger power plays when a blue icon appears above cars or a specific area these are Level 1. I you stack up your meter meter you can trigger larger level 2 power plays and route changers, they appear in red above specific cars/areas.
    If you get chance give demo a try it's great fun.

Comment

Hmm think I might just do that. Sounds interesting. And I did like Pure, never got that, but Black Rock seem a great studio doing interesting stuff.

Comment

Wanna get the import vers of this after the scores and playing the demo. The handling is really nice and exploding scenery if really cool. It feels to me a bit like Burn out which isn`t a bad thing. Can`t wait to import it from Akiba or get my mum to send me a copy bless her .

Comment

full game just arrived and couldn't resist a quick go.

I love the presentation of the episodes, its very cinematic and the soundtrack is suitably blockbuster.

Nice little tutorial which you have to pass but this will be a breeze for anybody who's played the demo.

First race is set on the airport level that the demo consisted of so no surprises there for anybody. Then you go off into the first city level, the amount of trackside objects and debris flying round is amazing and the frame rate is rock solid, its technically incredibly impressive and totally justifies locking the rate at 30fps.

As you unlock new level 2 power plays and track re-shapings I've already had a few 'whoa' moments, of course that won't last for the 20th time you see them but its very cool.

Demo is totally representative of the game, if you didn't like the heavy handling or mechanic full game won't change your mind at all, if you did then its all good.

I know I'm going to love my time with this, it may not have 25h+ in it but will be great while it lasts.

Minor gripes so far - the Blackrock trademark blacked in screen corners (make you feel like you are having a stroke or peripheral vision loss) and the game seems to forget I chose in car camera so have to press Y each race to get it back, odd as the demo didn't forget.

Comment

Has this game got local split screen?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              ...and the game seems to forget I chose in car camera so have to press Y each race to get it back, odd as the demo didn't forget.
              Oh bloody hell, its Burnout Revenge all over again....

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                Has this game got local split screen?
                local split with an option for horiz or vert, which I always like to see

Comment

this is superb, its a racing game designed by a 12y old screaming bigger/louder/faster/more.

its nice to see a new angle on an arcade racer, you really do need to learn the tracks not only in layout but how best to utilise the power plays and shortcuts too.

I'm playing on whatever the defauly skill setting is and its not super easy to just stroll through and win every event, even early on had to retry some a few times to get 1st place, AI seems decent too with the rubberbanding there but not super obvious.

forgetting the in car camera setting seems intermittent, does it for 2-3 races itself then forgets what you choose.

Comment

Can i map accelerate / break to the face-buttons?

Comment

no options to alter the controls, wouldn't work that well anyway as you need analogue triggers to hold a powerslide at the right point.

online is alot of fun, all the cocking around that usually knackers online racing is actually the aim of the game here. does seem a little flakey though, had a few lock ups and odd things happen in races regarding relative position but overall its good fun. despite what they said though at present people with the supercars have a huge advantage, I've got my humble 4/10 muscle car and there are lots of people whizzing around in 10/10 specials

happy to get the achievement for beating a Blackrock dev or somebody else who has.

Comment

Ah, beat a dev... PGR4 memories. Got that achievement in my first online race back then.

I kind of wanted this over Modnation. But it wasn't for sale over here yet so I went with MNR (which slightly disappoints me). I'm gonna pick up S/C too.

About online, yeah I knew it would be gimped with those unlock keys for sale. Better steer clear of it until SP has been completed I guess.

Comment

whilst this is pure arcade racer its noticeable how tricky its getting around episode 4-5, you need to pick your vehicle carefully for the event type, especially the non race modes like avoiding helicopter rockets or dodging barrells falling out a lorry (much more fun than it looked in the trailers)

starting to unlock mid level cars now and can't see anybody saying it has a lack of speed, starting to get very rapid, far more so than the demo cars.

AI is pretty good, especially in the elite races at the end of each episode. my finest moment last night was blowing up the race leader on the last bend and driving under them over the finish line whilst they exploded in mid air.

probably put 3-4h into single player and would say I'm just under halfway thru, but progress is slowing and I'm not waiting to gold each level before moving on, could have more legs than I thought, plus online whilst simple is actually pretty good fun.
                          Last edited by merf; 20-05-2010, 08:31.

Comment

An age ago I had the 360 version on preorder but later cancelled to trade stuff in for the PS3 version. Despite the cancellation GAME has sent me a code so it's first come first served:

Again, the code is for the 360 version of the game. Please post a reply when you've used it so others know.

GAME Car: W4483-FYMF4-MJG9Q-443HD-77P9Q

Early Access to Expressway track: GDVCH-V9HY3-RHBBJ-6P9C7-G2CXJ

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                              An age ago I had the 360 version on preorder but later cancelled to trade stuff in for the PS3 version. Despite the cancellation GAME has sent me a code so it's first come first served:

Again, the code is for the 360 version of the game. Please post a reply when you've used it so others know.

GAME Car: W4483-FYMF4-MJG9Q-443HD-77P9Q

Early Access to Expressway track: GDVCH-V9HY3-RHBBJ-6P9C7-G2CXJ
                              Just used them. Thanks very much .

Comment

I want this, but having got Red Dead Redemption I have decided to wait for it. So I have no way of knowing if these work OK.

Drom Disney XD Channel (I like Phineas and Ferb!) a Disney XD Car unlock...

On the Options Menu (On PS3/360 using buttons and D-pad) press

X, Down, X, Down, X, Down

On the PC using the Direction Keys from the Press Start Screen press...

Up, Left, Right, Right, Left, Left, Right, Right

Comment

Working...
                                X