Decay - Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decay - Part 1

Decay - Part 1. It's a point and click and whoa, looks gooood. It looks brilliant, it sounds lovely, and the plot is pretty ****ing dark, as far as you're allowed to go in the trial, dark, it launches straight in with a suicide - then you're suddenly playing and you can find suicide notes and stuff around the place, and just hints of this guy's life, it's really pretty affecting.

Just the general atmosphere and feel and tone of the thing is ace.

If I have one doubt, it's the episodic nature making me worry about its length. I'm kinda worried I'll pay up and it'll be over in half an hour or something, but if it is, it'll probably be a great half hour.

I would urge everyone to give the trial a go.

Decay Part 1 (XBL Indie Game)

Ah well, with the feeling that it may not be the longest game (part 1 in title gives it away) curiosity got the better of me after the trial and I put down the 240 points and I'm glad I did a showed support for it.
    A creepy little myst style adventure, it is indeed very short (bout 10mins ish) but the sound, atmosphere and overall quality is spot on. I had a couple of moments in the dark whilst playing with my headphones on, I had me reduce my sound levels, eek.
    Shining Gate Software have left me wanting more and I will be there for Part 2, whenever it may appear.

Comment

My thread for this is still on the first page! Proof that everyone just ignores Indie Games

I didn't buy it in the end, 240MS points for 10 minutes of game is too much, no matter how atmospheric it is.

Comment

Most people do ignore indie games and that will never change but I am not one of those people. I did wonder if you made a thread about this but was so late I didn't check, I do normally check. Will request merger into your thread.
        I am a bit rich with points at the moment so I went for it, if Part 2 is same size and price I probably won't buy it, especially if it's 4+ parts. Could potentially be 960 points for what could be less than an hour long game and this is where Indie development could have a problem.
        Last edited by Family Fry; 04-05-2010, 11:13. Reason: I shouldn't have said everyone!

Comment

I saw TTK's thread and watched the video, but was ultimately put off by the price point. I buy quite a lot of 80 pointers without any hesitation even if I know I'm only going to play it once or twice, sadly this has set an expectation though and meant 240 points plus "Part 1" put me on the defensive from the off. I should probably still give the trial a shot as it does sound quite good though.

Comment

I wouldn`t say people "ignore" Indie Games, if it`s good I`m more than happy to drop points on them and support genuine talent. I`ve bought the likes of Groov, Pocoro (which is blissful) and one of the more interesting titles of late, BlindGiRl.

Will download the trial of this, but if its as woeful as that baby making thing you posted the other week, I`ll be shaking my fist at you wasting my time

Comment

Just been playing this and my goodness is it excellently crafted...
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Just read that part 2 is on the way shortly.

Hah, shortly.

They really need to up the content if it's gonna work, though I can't imagine many people will risk it.

Comment

They said Part 2 of 4 would be out June, do hope it's soon I actually want to see where it all goes. They have promised more gameplay for Part 2 also citing time and money as the main issue that led Part 1 to be quite short.
                  After some digging Part 2 is due between first 2 weeks of July.
                  Trailer
                  Last edited by Family Fry; 30-06-2010, 22:34.

Comment

I'd be all over these indie games if they were on PS3 - sadly there's no such outlet for indie on Sony's system, so I have to stick with PC indie. Thanks for the write up though. When I win the lottery and can waste money on the failure prone 360, which requires constant net access for games to be functional, I'll be picking up all the indie titles.

Comment

Part 2 is OUT NOW 240 points (think it went up yesterday or day before) decided to go for it again. Played about 10 mins then saved, seems wee bit bigger already, we shall see.
                      Damn creepy stuff still going on though, eek.

Comment

Part 3 is out now, 240 points again.
                        Story has answered a few questions about who you are and what you need to do.

Seems in Part 1 you hanged yourself but this now turns out to be your father in law and he has sacrifised his body to you. They introduced creepy/killer Mr White earlier on and in this part he is confirmed to be the serial killer who has killed you, your daugther and wife and made it look like a car crash. So you have been given a body to avenge your family's death by stopping this serial killer, only then will you and your family be free as he keep his victims souls as his slaves trapped in HIS place where you are...creepy. It ends with you flooding his appartment room with what appears to be blood and his face appears, staring at you eek from the side

Had a nice opening in this one where you had to walk through a corridor by pressing forward and rather than still screens it was animated. Had one moment when I genuinely almost dropped my pad. I have enjoyed this and it's not a bad little series, still short but shows good potential in sound/atmosphere and written puzzles.

Comment

Decay Part 1 is now only 80 points.

Comment

Working...
                          X