UFC 2010 demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFC 2010 demo

this went up yeysterday on XBL having been available for a week or so as a preview.

quite a generous demo as you get 4 fighters, Lyoto Machida, Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans, plus you can quick rematch at the end of a fight meaning its quite easy to sit there and play for a good long time without irritating ads or reload screeens like many demos insist on.

presentation is spot on and it really feels like watching a UFC event on tv.

my biggest gripe though is that so far I simply can't tell the difference at all between this and last years version, I've read about new career modes but the actual fighting, whilst still pretty good, doesn't seem to have moved on at all.

maybe somebody more knowledgeable in the ground game will correct me but feels damn near identical to last years, I was expecting a good leap in feel as its only the second iteration, instead it feels more like a new Tiger Woods in terms of updates.

still a good game but disappointing and one I won't be rushing to buy at full price.

Originally posted by merf View Post
    my biggest gripe though is that so far I simply can't tell the difference at all between this and last years version, I've read about new career modes but the actual fighting, whilst still pretty good, doesn't seem to have moved on at all.

maybe somebody more knowledgeable in the ground game will correct me but feels damn near identical to last years, I was expecting a good leap in feel as its only the second iteration, instead it feels more like a new Tiger Woods in terms of updates.

still a good game but disappointing and one I won't be rushing to buy at full price.
    Thats exactly what i was thinking, visually its 100% the same including the stock animations. The demo has really put me off buying it, the first games demo made me want to purchase it on day 1 but this one has put me off altogether.

Comment

Yeah, its nothing special. Better presentation, some added Cage interaction, some more variation in fighting styles (IIRC), more fighters and likely somewhat more modes. But the feel is completely the same as last year.

There are other good games being released at the end of this month. I doubt I'll buy this one.

Looking forward to EA's MMA though.

Comment

The menu's not being god awful was highest on my agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
          The menu's not being god awful was highest on my agenda.
          Indeed, never has changing shorts been such a long winded process. Plus it auto-saves every 2 seconds. I reckon EA's game will be the one to get. Though I prefer the UFC's presentation and fighters. Bah.

Comment

Enjoyed the demo, so will prob pick this up day 1. Gameplay wise it is near identical to last years but there are some minor changes. Like has already been said you can now interact with the cage, so you can use it to your advantage which works really well. Also I think a lot of the defensive stuff on the ground is automatic now, based on your characters defensive stats. Southpaw stance has been added this year and you can also sway in a similar style to fight night to dodge attacks.

Graphically it also looks near identical, the only thing I noticed was that the injuries seemed to look more authentic, although it?s a while since I played 2009 so I'm not 100%.

I more interested in the career stuff as that was truly awful in last year?s game. If that?s been improved it should be worth buying. All the previews I've read say its great, so fingers crossed. I thought the tournament mode might be a recreation of the early UFC tournaments and damage would carry over between fights, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Comment

This to me seems a pointless update, they dont need to do this game every year and i will stay clear until 2011 to see if that improves it the demo is no different to last years game so theres no point in buying it

Comment

They really should have included a tutorial since the controls are really complex. It might also have highlighted some of the differences too.

Comment

Working...
                X