bit.trip runner (WiiWare)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bit.trip runner (WiiWare)

So Gaijin new bit.trip game is out today. Bit-trip runner, it stars CommanderVideo and has you running across the screen avoiding obstacles. You use the Wii remote sideways as usuall. So there is now levels in each tune 1-1 to 1-10. So you run along the screen and an obstacle is in the way, you can press button 2 and jump, other obstacles are hanging down so you use down on the d-pad to slide under. Other obstacles need smashed and this is accomplished by using button 1 which makes you kick. Of course all of this is done along to the mega catchy chip tunes which the series is known for. You still try and get power-ups to increase your multiplier, the only drawback is 1 mistake and its back to the start of the level, but good is instantaneous re-starts which make it very addictive you keep trying. The graphics are old school NES inspired which look great, theres also gold bars which you need to collect while running the level, collect them all and you get a bonus level inspired by pitfall IMO. I really enjoying this bit.trip series and runner is an awesome addition to the series, its 800 Wii points (5.60), and it well worth it, if you enjoy a challenge.

The Bit Trip Series are excellent fun, Beat and Void were brilliant although I felt Core was a bit disappointing. Can't wait to get Runner on Monday (US Wii release) nice impressions.

Comment

nice impressions mr b. agree totally. cracking game, and not as brutally unforgiving as beat/core. advise to play alongside tomena sanner for full on weird running score attack madness.

Comment

Hugely addictive, one of the best chiptune soundtracks ever, great visuals for the format and some pixel perfect accuracy platforming. What is there not to like? Great to see this as a 2010 release.
        This could easily be ported to XBLA or PSN as I think more people need to experience this.

Comment

More people do need to experience these games, this is very much in the style of Tomena Sanner gameplay, I like the trial and error of it all. So far in World 1 the chiptunes are fantastic, was really enjoying it til 1-10 smacked me about and I gave up because my vision was going crazy

Comment

Ryan and Vinny speed their way though the latest Bit.Trip WiiWare title.

This is funny. Half way through and they're just through level two.

Comment

Working...
            X