S?ldner-X 2: Final Prototype Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S?ldner-X 2: Final Prototype Ps3

D/L'ed this last night (a fairly decent £9.99) and if you llike your shooters, its money well spent

Its no gradius V, but borrows bits from many of the great shooters, i caught whiffs of darius/gradius/gynoug/r-type but it retains that 'European' feel. Way easier than the first (i actually clocked the first 5 stages on 1 credit), but there looks to be a fair bit of content to unlock (levels are unlocked by collecting 'secret keys'). Some of the backdrops are the best i've seen. The sheer speed they zip by- forests, plants , galaxies; all present.

Music isnt as pounding or memorable as the first, and very 'amiga retro shooter'.

Voices for power up/pick ups are straight out of Gradius V with the robotic warble of ikaruga. Levels are just about the right size; perhaps abit long with loads to shoot. The bosses range from the poor to really nice.

chaining mechanisms look a little different to the first, with new multipliers added and weapons power up only a fraction after every pick up.

i'll add more after a rip on it tonight
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Originally posted by dvdx2
    it retains that 'European' feel.
    I'm out. Cheers for that.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      , that was my exact same thoughts when I read that, it does look better than the first one though.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        I am not to fond of them either, but i wouldnt dismiss it as quickly as that

its a lovely looking game (there arent that many HD shooters on the ps3) with really nice play mecanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
          , that was my exact same thoughts when I read that
          Great minds Bud...
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

15 minutes of footage here....

Comment

What's with the points cropping up over every target you hit? It looks well crap and distracting...maybe it's the font...

Comment

Euro-shmup normally equals fail (except Dux, Last hope ... ) ............ I got the 1st one and its ****e, is this one any better guys?? and is it worth me buying (bearing in mind I am all shmuped out with the Cave 360 ports and Sin and Punishment 2??)

Comment

Originally posted by JutmanCustoms View Post
                  Euro-shmup normally equals fail (except Dux, Last hope ... ) ............ I got the 1st one and its ****e, is this one any better guys?? and is it worth me buying (bearing in mind I am all shmuped out with the Cave 360 ports and Sin and Punishment 2??)
                  havent played Dux, but last hope was pretty bad

i've put about 4-5 hours into this now and i think is a great all round package. loads of strategy and unlockables and a great soundtrack, with some nice graphics and effects.

As i said it has elements of loads of older shooters with a retro feel throughout. The fact that not many developers outside japan invest in making shooters any more, this genre needs the support

Cant really complain much for ?9.99

Comment

Speaker problem

All the audio only seem to be coming from the front left speaker for me. Anyone got a similar issue?

Comment

downloaded this a few days ago ....had a quick play i actually really really like this found it a antidote to bullet hell shooters felt more laid back approach

feels like a deep scoring system to

Comment

downloaded the last 3 levels of this and they are brilliant. Well worth the ?3.99 asking price

Comment

Bumptastic, this is coming to the Vita later this year and will be free if you already bought PS3 version

Comment

Awesome news,have the two on PS3

Comment

Yep, same here. That looks lovely on the Vita.

Comment

Working...
                              X