[XBLA] Snoopy Flying Ace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[XBLA] Snoopy Flying Ace

Just been playing this and ladies and gentlemen we have a spiritual successor to Crimson Skies, hell it's near enough exactly like it

It's just bags of fun, lighthearted and easy to pick up and play. Put a few hours into it already, nearly all of it into the multiplayer and can't wait to play more. It has single player, online coop, local coop and 6 - 7 modes for 16 player multiplayer. Netcode has been rock solid so far and just all out madness during the matches. You can even setup private matches and fight completely against bots if you want to. Bargain for 800 points. There is of course a trial where you get 30 mins multiplayer in the free for all Dogfight mode so give it a whirl.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/of...109b5?cid=SLink

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comment

lovely lovely game, well worth the 800 pts it makes you wonder who sets prices when thing like metal slug and raystorm hd are 1200,

Comment

As someone who absolutely hates Snoopy, should I give this game a look?

Comment

It really is great, to be honest it could have been a £20 retail release and I would still like it.

Comment

I saw it on LMP & was instantly seduced by its looks & levels so I've got demo on download as we speak. I too felt like it seemed like a cross between Crimson Skies & a kinda Pilotwings style of play.

Glad its a good un all round.
            Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 04-06-2010, 18:51.

Comment

Wow, not much love for the beagle in here?!

I came to this thinking it was gonna be a simple romp, that I'd breeze through the missions and then have fun griefing American kids on-line. However, I'm stuck. Yes, yes, that's right, I'm stuck on Snoopy's Flying Aces. Sheesh!

The mission where you have to destroy a zeppelin had me stumped last night. Maybe I'm too used to game enemies having obvious weakspots, or being shown when a boss is taking damage (instead of having to look at its health meter), or perhaps Snoopy is just too hardcore for me. Anybody know what needs to be done to take it down quickly? I'm worried that the answer is simply 'shoot at it' as that's what I've been doing only managing to take half its life before it dropped its bomb!

Other than this rather embarrassing stumbling block, I'm loving it. The handling is spot on, the rolls being on the right stick is perfect and the game has cracking charm and character. I find it a little annoying that I use up and down in a plane differently to how I use them when in a mounted gun turret, but that's something I guess I'll have to adapt to.

Comment

Looks very reminiscent of Starfox 64

Comment

Comment

2 points too low. This is an awesome little gem on XBLA

Comment

Are there many people playing this online? Not just from here, I mean in general? Considering getting this.

Comment

I just grabbed this last week. Its so good I wish I could convince more of my mates to grab it, I think the peanuts sheen of paint puts most people off but it is really a spiritual successor to Crimson Skies and plays beautifully online.

I notice there is a new DLC pack out today... 5 new MP modes, 2 new planes (one for woodstock and one for your avatar)... and a bundle of other goodness.

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

I wish it would get some more maps though. Another DLC pack of say 5 new locations would be great.

Comment

Working...
                        X