GG Series Collection - DS (not DSi)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GG Series Collection - DS (not DSi)

I'd not heard about this until I read a topic on another forum, but it's an ace collection of Japanese DSiWare games, from Genterprise and Suzak. Good thing is though, it's for a regular DS, in case you don't have a DSi.

Tinycartridge has a decent story on it, along with a full list of games.

You start off with 4 unlocked, with more to buy using points you get from playing the current games well. I bought Assault Buster from the off, and it's an incredibly good little shmup - Space Invaders meets Forgotten Worlds, kinda. Each game has achievements, which when you complete you get mega bonuses to buy more games, or buy fashion items for the mascot girl who introduces the games.

Obviously this might be annoying for those who hate unlocking stuff.

Some of the games (like the racing game) are a bit rubbish, and I've only seen 5/30 of those available, but this seems like good value for money (~£35 shipped, depending on the £/$ rate). It's certainly infinitely better than Retro Game Challenge, which pissed me off by forcibly stopping gameplay when you scored highly. Not having a DSi, this is probably the only way I'd get to play these.

Most of the games haven't actually been released yet on DSiware, which is kinda neato. Taken from tinycartridge:
    Released:

1. Energy Chain
    2. Conveyer Konpou
    3. Wonder Land
    4. Z.ONE
    5. Ninja Karakuri-den
    6. Chou Hero Ouga
    7. Tetsubou
    8. Drift Circuit
    9. Black X Block
    10. Vertex
    11. Dark Spirits
    12. D-Tank
    13. Assault Buster
    14. Drilling Attack

Unreleased:

1. The Last Knight (action)
    2. Variable Arms (action)
    3. Whipper no Daibouken (action)
    4. Kakure Ninja Kagemaru (action)
    5. All Breaker (action)
    6. Nyokki (action)
    7. Shadow Army (shooting)
    8. Score Attacker (shooting)
    9. HarisenBON! (shooting)
    10. Bekutoru (puzzle)
    11. Hero Puzzle (puzzle)
    12. Throw Out (sports)
    13. Exciting River (sports)
    14. Run & Strike (sports)
    15. Uchuu Race (sports)
    16. Air Pinball Hockey (sports)
    Last edited by Sketcz; 05-06-2010, 09:55.

RIGHT! I'm getting angry now! You got my hopes up - I thought for a second they were releasing a Game Gear compilation!

Comment

I've played Dark Spirits and it was... well.. not great. I'm told it's one of the better games in the series too. Whilst I'm tempted to pick this up, 30 wrongs do not make a right

Comment

Well, at the moment it's a pick and mix selection where I don't know what the sweets are. I've had 4 greats, and 1 stinker, which isn't a bad ratio.

The best bet is to follow this thread as I and others unlock further games.

Comment

Working...
        X