Rock Band: Green Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Band: Green Day

I might potentially be in the "Minority" of gamers who'll pick this up but to all the Green Day fans out there "Welcome to Paradise" (not sure how long I can keep dropping song titles into sentences - we'll see).

This is typical RB stuff but all songs are from Billy Joe and his two, slightly creepy looking in this, pals. The character models are in the same slightly cartoony style as Beatles but I think it worked a little better in that game due to the slightly psychadelic nature of the latter parts of the game.

So 47 songs, not including DLC, exportable to RB 1, 2 and 3 ("Good Riddance" to it being a locked down disc) unlocked as you play through the band tour. I've not started this yet as I'd be up all night so Mrs Teddy and I did a couple of short setlists.

The note placement feels really good as you'd expect from Harmonix. I've got a small issue though with sound quality. At times the bass is really quietbut when you use overdrive it gets stupidly loud. Even after enabling Dolby Digital in the options there are times when it almost sounds like feedback rather than the notes you're playing. I'm hoping it's something I'll get used to (or they'll patch) otherwise I can see it turning me into a "Basketcase".

Anyways, if your a Green Day fan, or just a Rock Band fan looking to expand their content library, you'd be an "American Idiot" not to pick this up!

Sincere apologies for the puns. I couldn't help myself

Havent got this yet but am pitching in becuase I'm a Green Day fan so have naturaly hand this on pre order for ages.

Their songs are perfect for Rock Band type play, should be alot of fun.

Comment

It is! We only did guitar / bass because it was pretty late when we started playing but I can't wait to drum / sing tomorrow evening.

Comment

Haven't checked the set list as I'm not a big Green Day fan, although I bought loads of their early stuff when I was a kid and enjoyed it.

Is Basket Case there?

Comment

Basket Case is there.

I think not including some kind of one time use DLC code for the remainder of 21st Century Breakdown is a little ****ty, there are in game challenges that REQUIRE those tracks.

Otherwise, it's a carbon copy of the Beatles but with Green Day's music and style (American Idiot era), without as much interesting history.

I like it though!

Comment

If they end up making a Rock Band:Bon Jovi, I will burn my plastic guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
              Haven't checked the set list as I'm not a big Green Day fan, although I bought loads of their early stuff when I was a kid and enjoyed it.

Is Basket Case there?
              All of the Dookie album is on the game I think.

Its clear that they have only really concentrated on 3 albums, all their other records are only covered with 2 or 3 songs on here.

I suppose they are planning on releasing some more DLC and maybe eventualy all their albums will be playable (well at least anything from Dookie onwards)

Comment

Full albums are Dookie and American Idiot.

Most of 21st Century Breakdown is there, the rest (6 tracks) is DLC from RB1/2.

Warning : Warning, Minority
                Insomniac : Geek Stink Breath, Brain Stew/Jaded
                Nimrod : Hitchin' a Ride, Good Riddance (Time of your life), Nice Guys Finish Last.

Oh and it's censored to death, no "****s" here. "Piss", "Masturbation" and "Whore" is okay though, American censorship FTW!!

Ommissions wise I feel the following could have made it even better : Redundant, Brat, 86, Panic Song (BASS!!!), Walking Contradiction, Hold On, Macys Day Parade.
                Last edited by Jebus; 09-06-2010, 15:07.

Comment

Theres no stuff from their b sides album either, which is a shame as I liked that quite a bit (Ha Ha Youre Dead is awesome) but i guess its not unexpected.

Comment

I must admit, although I love the band I'd really forgotten how good some of the songs are.

Good Riddance is just...well, it's pure beauty.

The vocals are easier in this game by the way, gold starring songs with relative ease at the moment.

I still hate chord sections in these games, they are so unnatural and in games like this they make simple power-chord rythmn sections 10 times harder than playing them on a real guitar!
                    Last edited by Jebus; 09-06-2010, 17:58.

Comment

I have Dookie, I like that album. I may enjoy this. Thanks for help Jebus and Mrmoxon sir.

Comment

I think Good Riddance is my favourite Green Day song.

I'm a little miffed at the censoring of the language in certain songs. Especially when the PEGI on the box states bad language. Just make it a 16 and keep the swears. Blimey!!

Comment

As I say, "piss" "whore" and "masturbation" is all fine and in the game but "****" and "faggot" are censored.

It's crap really, anyone liking green day will have heard those words before.

Comment

Working...
                          X