Neo Geo Battle Colesium (Live Arcade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo Geo Battle Colesium (Live Arcade)

Played Battle Coliseum earlier today and to me at 800 points this is a bargain, fine game. Crazy cartoon scraping with lots of fun SNK memorabilia and looks great in HD thanks to the 3D backdrops and clear/clean sprites.
    You get the usual modes - Arcade, Vs, survival, can chose to have arranged music and there's a deep character colour edit mode - I think everything from the PS2 port as you also get illustration galleries.

In demo mode you can only choose from 4 characters so its quite hard to judge the game but having missed the PS2 version this was always an instant purchase for me.

The last boss can be a cheap bastard but this is usual with old school SNK fighters.

Had a quick go online against a player with a 120+ ping and it was quite playable didn't notice any real lag so should be very good against players with less than 50 ping.

Anyway if you like fighters you should definitely check it out.

BTW - The win quotes are translated to English this time.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Hoping someone who has played the ps2 version could tell me if there are any differences or updates. I couldn't get on with the ps2 game myself, however it was no way near bad as SNK Vs Capcom was.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
      Hoping someone who has played the ps2 version could tell me if there are any differences or updates. I couldn't get on with the ps2 game myself, however it was no way near bad as SNK Vs Capcom was.
      Chaos?

Awesome game!

Comment

all i seem to recall on the ps2 version was the awful load times

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Chaos?

Awesome game!

Comment

This one, thought it was absolute pants. Doesn't help it was followed by the excellent Capcom Vs Snk games.

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
            all i seem to recall on the ps2 version was the awful load times
            Certainly recall that. Shame really, its what probably put me off.
            Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 09-06-2010, 18:34.

Comment

Why oh Why don't they put these on PSN for f*cks sake!

Yeah the PS2 port was pretty shoddy, i loved the game when i had it on the Atomiswave....no stick for the 360 so i wont be buying it.

Comment

Below average day for Xbox Arcade releases, this PS2 port and a SNES/Megadrive game (Earthworm Jim).

..And to think they ~allegedly~ rejected Cave's titles for these....

Comment

Didn't even know this game was coming. It's an instant purchase for me.

Comment

Is this taking ages to download for everyone else or is it just me?

Comment

I've just been playing this for a couple of hours and have been enjoying it a lot. The load times always put me off the PS2 version, and unlike some of the other XBLA ports the netcode actually seems pretty good - won my first 10 ranked matches and every one was with a sub 150 ping that seemed very playable.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                        Below average day for Xbox Arcade releases, this PS2 port and a SNES/Megadrive game (Earthworm Jim).

..And to think they ~allegedly~ rejected Cave's titles for these....
                        This isn't a PS2 port, it's got various changes/updates and the load times are supposedly gone. Haven't had a chance to try it myself yet but did like the PS2 version.

Comment

I can confirm it does load a lot faster than the PS2 version. Still has the uber cheap bosses though

Comment

Had a quick go of this and I'm impressed at how much of an improvement this is over the PS2 version. The load times are almost nonexistent, and although I've only tried it on a SD tv it looks much better too. Some of the new stages look great and the redone sprites look really good. Gameplay wise it always was a lot of fun.

Comment

Sorry for the epic bump, but I got this game only yesterday (KoFXIII fever makes me behave like a proper SNK whore these days... XD) and had a chance to play it smoothly, without those life-draining loading times I experienced with the japanese PS2 version.

I gave the demo a try, ages ago, and the 3D backdrop I've played in - plus the redrawn sprites - initially put me off. For some reason, yesterday I downloaded the trial again and I dunno if it's the bigger screen, the hdmi (instead of the old VGA) or whatever, but the game looked to me surprisingle more appealing, so I bought it.
                              The awful pauses must have killed it to me, back in the days, because I enjoy it alot now, in spite of Mizuchi (still the lamest mother****er on road... ).

Even if they are different, I like the new 3D stages (some of them are actually very nice), as well as the new characters' rendering: it doesn't really work for everyone (Terry and Marco look well weird), but at least it's a nice improvement from the lazy and horrible soften/smearing filter.

I'm so tempted to buy KoF98 Ultimate Match now, but the fact it's been kept in japanese feels kind of bad to me (that 'rushed and glitched port, not 800MP worthy' bad feeling, if you know what I mean).
                              Last edited by Galdelico; 11-08-2011, 12:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X