No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdmike, once the pilot of any manned boss shows his face, you want to tranquilize him as you will then get to keep the vehicle to use in Outer Ops.

Comment

Ah I see! I really need that guide

Comment

Is there anyway to speed up the Dev time?
        I can't do the nest mission without C4 and its been sitting at 0% for the last two times I turned it on and have no more missions to do

Comment

Just keep on replaying previous missions to build up the R&D time on current projects.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
            dvdmike, once the pilot of any manned boss shows his face, you want to tranquilize him as you will then get to keep the vehicle to use in Outer Ops.
            Thanks from me too for those tips, Hoolak. I did it first go after reading your post. Although I gave him a rocket to the face. If I replay the mission, can I tranq him and get the vehicle? Or is it my first go that counts?

Comment

Yeah, you can replay the mission as much as you like and get him. The vehicles (Mechs) you obtain will be stacked at Mother Base. Not sure if there's a limit of how many you can keep, but you should be able to collect more than enough Mechs, if need.

You'll also unlock the Mech boss missions in Extra ops. Don't forget, there's an APC mech you can capture from an earlier misson too. Later you'll be able to get Helicopters. Same method applies for all. Take out the foot soldiers (they will eventually stop coming), then wear down the mech until the pilot is out.

Comment

There's some free DLC available if you go to Extras > Network. A new black (inc Naked) suit. Looks dark green if you ask me A new Walkman track and Vocaloid data.

This is the game that keeps on giving at the moment. Just beat the Hind chopper and yet another department of Mother Base has opened up - Recruitment. Here, your PSP will scan an access point (is this a fake search - how's it work?) for potential recruits, who will join you, providing you show them you have the skills in the CQC department.

There's the missions, the side-missions, the man management, the R&D department, Extra Ops, Recruitment, build your own Metal Gear, and I haven't even tried any competitive multiplayer yet or seen any of that extra Monster Island content.

One of the best hand held games around for me.

Comment

Portable Ops did the scanning thing too, used to take the PSP to built up housing areas and let it scan like mad

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                    Portable Ops did the scanning thing too, used to take the PSP to built up housing areas and let it scan like mad
                    Yeah it did. What's it actually scanning and how does decide that a new recruit has been found?

Comment

Almost finished building my metal gear, just needs a head and two other optional parts.

For the scanning thing i only ever seem to be able to find the MSF entrance exam and that's it.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Thanks from me too for those tips, Hoolak. I did it first go after reading your post. Although I gave him a rocket to the face. If I replay the mission, can I tranq him and get the vehicle? Or is it my first go that counts?
                      You should have got it if you killed him, i usually blast the captains with a rocket as well.

Should show a cutscene of the captain dying if you've done it right.

Comment

Yeah it did. What's it actually scanning and how does decide that a new recruit has been found?
                        It just found a network locked or not

From the site I used for PO

What is AP Scan?

AP Scan is a mode that is accessible via WLAN. Meaning, when you turn this little switch on and go to AP Scan mode, you can search for an access point and get solders who are exclusive via AP Scan and download. Nothing else to this little diddy.

Well what is an Access Point?

I'm not quite sure what determines if it is an access point but I can hypothesize that an Access Point can be found in cars ( I guess the radio or antenna... maybe GPS) or cable in your TV. ( Linked to satellites ).

Anything Wi-Fi related to my understanding.

When should I go in AP Scan?

This is probably obvious. When you are going somewhere by a car ride or anything near traffic, you'll get a bunch of solders. If you're lucky, you may get an Ocelot Unit or Genome Solder.

I can't get any solders...

You probably don't meet the requirements. What I suggest is this.
                        • Use All Male solders or the females with the glasses.
                        • Make sure one of your solders has bad sense and one have high sense. ( I use Elisa or Null for that sometimes.)
                        • All the solders are recommended to be maxed in stats and each one having deferent codenames (Tsuchinoko can be easily obtained in easy mode)
                        • Try to have a lot of deferent careers on each solder.
                        • One solder should have low life or really high stamina. (Low life should be at least under 100 from my knowing.) High stamina is over 500 or 600.
                        • Good stats on your solders. S2 is hard to come by but I've gotten powerful KGBs who needed for me to have a good solder with shotgun skills.
                        • Rarely, some solders will ask if you have a unique. I've seen this roughly... once.
                          Don't worry about this. If you have all of the above in one team you'll get 8/10 of the people you see.
                        From IGN

The next way that players can augment their forces is via the AP (Access Point) Scan. By using the PSP's wireless functionality to scan and access wi-fi hotspots scattered around the real world, you can track down new soldiers that you can recruit to your side. Of course, you won't just pick up troops by turning on the WLAN switch; part of your success will depend on the strength of the signal that you receive, which needs to be at a certain level. Luckily, you have the opportunity to boost the signal by repeatedly pounding the circle button, which may be enough to capture that soldier that's floating out there. But don't expect to find the exact same soldier as your friend would if both of you go out scanning hotspots: Portable Ops generates characters based on the information of the access point and the unique system information for each PSP.

Another way that you can track down soldiers is via the GPS Scan functionality. While it hasn't been released yet in either Japan or North America, players will be able to connect the GPS Receiver peripheral for the PSP and recruit soldiers via your current location in the real world. Satellites will continually update the game with your co-ordinates, giving you a sense as to whether or not you're physically close to "stumbling" onto a soldier that you can recruit. In effect, you're digitally geo-caching, except instead of finding real treasure, you're gaining virtual soldiers. Although there's no current info as to when the GPS accessory will be released, Konami is including the feature for the game, so players that purchase the accessory will be able to use it when it hits shelves. In the meantime, players will also be able to track down new or unique troops with special passwords that will be released over time. We'll detail more of the multiplayer ways that you can recruit soldiers tomorrow, but needless to say, this is only the tip of the recruitment iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
                          You should have got it if you killed him, i usually blast the captains with a rocket as well.

Should show a cutscene of the captain dying if you've done it right.
                          Yep, I got the cut scene so I may well have got it.

Comment

Ah yeah, as long as you don't destroy the vehicle and you kill the pilot (didn't know that - thought you had to tranq). Tranq'ing will get you the pilot for Mother Base.

Anyone know when Monster Island rears it's head in the game?

Comment

Anyone know when Monster Island rears it's head in the game?
                              I think towards the end of the game, from what i've read you have to

listen to all of Chico's briefing files, and have extra ops 29.

Comment

Will listening to Briefing tapes open other Extra Ops, do you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X