International Cricket 2010 (x360 & PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Cricket 2010 (x360 & PS3)

not expecting this to be the busiest of firstplay threads.

saw this in the supermarket last week and the fact it snuck out without reviews had me suspecting it was tripe, the fact it already being discounted down to around ?25 online, ?30 instore also doesn't bode well.

I watched the 15m vid on Eurogamer though and despite the couple of reviews that exist being low scores (cricket games don't often score well) I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm actually quite pleasently surprised. Played the demo of codies Ashes cricket last year and thought it was crap, hated it. Not sure if this is the same dev or not but this seems a bit more refined.

For starters you can view all play 'over the shoulder', this puts you right on the square for batting and you can look around the field before playing your shots. bowling is also achieved with a far closer camera that tracks in over the bowlers arm. this isn't as sickness inducing as it sounds and so far I've found it far more immersive (fps games make me sick so it can't be that bad)

Control seems pretty subtle and quite clever for batting & bowling, I've just taken 90m or so to do all the tutorials and get to grips with it all and it felt well constructed.

Graphically its functional but not much of a looker.

Intially though I'm quite taken with this, need to play some 1P games and see what irritating snags there are though as all the previews codies cricket games have been a bit shoddy. I've seen enough in the control system though to make me think 2P could be good.

Looks like it tanked as after 1 week on sale the live leaderboard for online games has only 77 people on it.

Just watched the YT video, looks ok. Quite like Cricket now though Super International Cricket was the last game I played.

Comment

enjoying this, has the usual problem that its far more fun to bat than bowl but thats a problem with the sport itself.

I'd say ignore the 5/10 reviews as if you actually like cricket this has a 7/10 if you can get it for £25 feel to it.

Comment

Working...
      X