Lego Harry Potter (Xbox360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego Harry Potter (Xbox360)

Just thought I would share my thoughts on this game so far. I have been playing for only an hour or so and I'm absolutely loving this game, i have only played up to just after Harry gets his first wand, and that took me an hour as I'm loving all the Harry potter world that has been accurately re-created from the films. I have not played a Lego game since the star wars ones so I have forgotten how addictive these Lego games can be, I have been collecting every single bit that spills for just about every object that drops them, almost OCD levels lol as it's so much fun. This kind of game makes me realize why I love games, its so much fun and really enjoyable and relaxing at same time. If you love Lego games and harry potter you will really appreciate the attention to detail and the humour is genuinely very funny, just like the star wars ones. Also perhaps worth noting that this really is what i would call a quality family game, no silly jumping up and down or flapping your arms all over the place, its just a simple game that is very accessible and really good fun. Cannot wait until tomorrow now to play some more, I can see me investing hours and hours of gaming time with this.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I downloaded the demo of this , I thought it was good aswell. I still think these lego games should be cheaper thou, maybe 25-30 quid at the most

Comment

Best place to buy is sainsburys as it's on offer at the moment for £25 on xbox360,ps3 and wii and it's only £20 for the ds version which is a fantastic offer, though when I went last night i got the last xbox copy so they seem to be selling out quick.

Comment

I got the lovely collectors editon from shopto for £28.85, and im well happy with it, i have finished year 1 and its brilliant, the best lego so far by a distance of course it hepls the source material is so imaginiative .

Comment

Totally agree that it's the best Lego game so far, the attention to detail is just fantastic, and if you are really into Harry potter, all the little details make it an essential purchase, so much better than any other Harry potter game that has been ever released, I'm so pleases this game has not been messed up as all the official movie games have really been quite poor.

Comment

This game is bloody superb!!!

I thought I'd been playing for 20-30 minutes and it was an hour and a half! Superb.

Lovely sense of humour, touches that show their love for the source material.

Best lego game to date I'd say.

Originally posted by GarageNation View Post
            I still think these lego games should be cheaper thou, maybe 25-30 quid at the most
            Sorry but I do not understand this logic at all. FOUR of the books/films are in here, so far after 90 minutes of the first one alone, I'm at 6%. The game is massive and the value for money is astounding.

However, I believe Sainsbury's are selling this for £25 at the moment, so there we go.
            Last edited by Jebus; 26-06-2010, 15:19.

Comment

Anybody else getting screen tearing on this. Was a bit of a shock to see tearing again?

Using a 360 via component btw.

bri

Comment

I'm using hdmi and I can't say I have notcied any screen tearing at all.

Comment

Via HDMI (1080p) and yeah, getting some screen tearing. Not as bad as I remember previous LEGO games, but at times it's very odd.

Anyway...I've finished the first year now and...Ohhhhh this game is so good! I can't stop playing it, I think I've pretty much played it all morning!

Anyone who felt the LEGO games had gone downhill a bit recently, well, if you like Harry Potter at all, you'll love this game !

Comment

the only lego game i havent played was indy 2 and rock band (doesnt really count) and i love them all

saying that was a weight off my shoulders lol

bri

Comment

Finished year 2 now, even stronger! My only complaint so far is the "boss" at the end of year 2...I really didn't know what to do! I was pretty much running around trying anything and I even managed to "damage" it twice without knowing what I'd done!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                        Anyone who felt the LEGO games had gone downhill a bit recently, well, if you like Harry Potter at all, you'll love this game !
                        I posted before that Indy 2 was by far the best Lego yet with it's Metroid style hub worlds. This takes that even further with a huge hub world that requires knowledge of spells to progress, plus Diagon Alley and Gringotts, it's a huge game.

There are still a few annoyances, like their habit of putting objects behind a pillar or the camera adjustment on the right stick that still goes the wrong way if you have controls inverted (this has been an issue since the first lego game and they've never fixed it - it actually makes getting one of the balloons on the build tutorials rather difficult).

But overall I'm loving it and the way the screen splits now is a huge improvement when playing with children.

Comment

Finished the main story now, all four years.

I laughed out loud to see my completion rocket up to...%39

Now going through, think I might 100% this, it's simply a wonderful game. Immense time and care has been taken and the source material just works in this format.

Comment

I've 100% all of the Lego games. They are massively compulsive. Here's a top tip:

Save your cash and don't buy anything until you can afford/unlock the x2 extra. Then go for the x4, x6, x8 etc. Once you have all of those, then go for buying the characters, fast build and other fluff.

Comment

Way ahead of ya Got 8x 10x and another Getting about 2.5 million studs for 30 mins now

The thing that was puzzling me was how to get rid of the glowing red items, in past games they are usually done by "evil" characters, but I can't see any different spells.

I'm wondering if the spell shop has something for them, as I've not purchased a single spell yet!

Comment

Working...
                              X