Lego Harry Potter (Xbox360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwi View Post
    Anybody else getting screen tearing on this. Was a bit of a shock to see tearing again?

Using a 360 via component btw.

bri
    Go into the options and you can turn on v-synce but you take a bit of a frame rate hit.

Comment

100% and 1,000G get!

I completed all the free play story modes and was missing one gold brick and student in peril. I thought it would take ages as there is no locator for the students, but I stumbled across him almost instantly looking around Hogwarts (he was hiding in a wheel barrow in Hagrid's Garden) which got me the final SIP and final brick.

I've been quite lucky with this game. I missed the glitch that Jebus had, another bit glitched but I noticed it and went back to dash before it saved.

Comment

There is a student in peril locator mate... I'm sure there is!

Congratulations btw!

Comment

Thanks - I hope they patch it soon. If there's any consolation, there are loads of people who have hit the same glitch so a patch is likely.

There isn't a SIP locator. There's one for everything else (red bricks, hogwarts pieces, characters, gold bricks).

Comment

It was the characters locator I was thinking of!

As for the glitch, I was upset at the time but in truth, by the time they patch it I'll have long forgotten about the game and/or moved on.

Comment

Got the last cheap copy from Saitsburys and loving it so far. So much to do. Got me in the Lego mood so thought I would dig out my Lego Star Wars only to find I must have traded it ages ago. Doh !!!

Comment

After a few years hiatus from console gaming (blame world of warcraft) I have decided to slide back into console gaming on a more serious level than playing the odd live title here and there.

This lego game seemed like a good start, so I picked it up for the PS3 (£27 from coolshop) - I've completed the story mode last night, and am now working my way back through the free play mode to try and 100% the game and grab all the trophies.

I've really enjoyed it to be fair, it's a lot better than I thought it was going to be and some of the scenes and little interactions are comical.

With some of the boss fights I was standing around wondering what the hell to do, and that was a bit annoying, and I really shouldn't have sold my spare controller, because I think the other half would have enjoyed playing this with me in the co-op mode.

I find the character you're controlling a little bit 'slippy' if you know what I mean, It's not the most precise character I have ever played, and it's a good job there is next to know platforming - I take it this is what most lego games are like?

Overall it's been a joy to play, and it's held me off red dead redemption for the last few days, and will continue to do so until it's fully completed (if it doesn't bug)

What/where are these locater things you talk about - And I presume the mutipliers are in certain red boxes?

Comment

Yeah, the locators and multipliers are in the red boxes.

Some screens will have an owl on a perch and the screen will have a hidden (although sometimes not very hidden) red box that you take to the owl and it flies away with. However, that doesn't unlock the extra, you then need to go to the Owl shop in Diagon Alley and purchase the red brick and its bonus (the place where you buy them is in the second floor of the owl shop which I didn't realise existed for a while).

Then to switch on the bonus, you need to pause the game, go to extras and switch it on. All extras are off by default whenever you start a new game.

Comment

ahh, seems I am missing the multipliers at the moment, i've only got about 6 boxes or so. I did find the shop when messing around on an earlier play, but didn't figure you had to buy them before you could use them.

Will have another session when in from work

Comment

Well, having sworn off lego games, I've now got this and I'm hooked again. It's lovely, but as mentioned earlier it's a real shame about the screen tear, as I find it quite off putting.

Comment

Finally ground out the last cheeves in this, and just found out that they are releasing the next.

Lego games always seem a grind at the end. Replay is good, but each game needs that extra umph to keep you interested.

Comment

Working...
                        X