Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kochira Katsushikaku DS JPN (that weird cop one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kochira Katsushikaku DS JPN (that weird cop one)

It's full name is :- Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo: Machiteba Tengoku! Makereba Jigoku! Ryoutsuryuu Ikkakusenkin Daisakusen!

Buy from play-asia (affiliate link)

However thats not going to help anyone recognise it so im calling it Kochikame for short, anyway this forum needs some more oddness injecting into it so im doing another (probably going to be ignored) first play thread.

So what kind of oddness is it you might ask, well basically a complilation of minigames but the key factor here is they are actually fun to play & some of them have had me laughing a lot.

Heres a video i took to show you a few of the minigames, theres 40 in total to play.

And in case your curious about the manga heres a wiki link

Based on characters from the obscenely long running manga series, You play as Ryo who in his usual fashion is trying yet another get rich quick scheme. There is something called the Kamefe (Kame festival) where entrants can win cash by taking part in minigames, this is the whole basis for the game you have to get more & more wealthy to progress. The festival has entry tickets, the first level is free however to get more cash & minigames you will need to buy the more expensive tickets.

As you play the games you will win money, after each game has ended you have a chance to continue or collect the cash you have won. However to progress the story you need to unlock each of the tickets, each ticket has a certan number of minigames you need to win to get the next level up. Im currently on the gold ticket level, to get the platinum ticket costs 50 million so im miles away as of yet. If you fail any of the minigames while on a ticket the game takes you back out and you lose all the money you had won from the minigames, thats the risk. Do you goto the next level & increase your total or do you cash it in but not get to the next level. It's a nice balance of risk & reward.

But theres more, you can buy gambling coins from the old man in the collection mode, before you start any minigame you can bet upto 5 coins on a game, each time you put more coins it ups the difficulty of the minigame, so putting all 5 on a game makes it goto very hard & if you win you will get an added x10 bonus, however if you fail you will be deducted by the same. If you fail on a minigame that you have gambled on you will get another special "last chance" minigame where you can try & get back some of the money you lost.

As you start to win money your wealth level will go up, at the beginning it only takes thousands to go up levels but the higher you go it starts to cost millions. It can go both up & down and the picture on the top screen will change accordingly. If you ever manage to lose all your money from your running total then the game ends. The later on in the game you get you will find yourself taking huge risks to get to the higher levels as only on the more expensive tickets will some of the minigames be seen as they appear only on certain wealth levels, theres 40 minigames in total & from the ones i have played so far theres not a single crap on in there. The graphics are lovely the animation is really nice & theres a lot of character put into them, the music is average but i do love the voice acting.

Theres 3 modes in the game, the first is free mode here you can replay any of the minigames once you have bought them from the collection mode, the next is variety mode this is where the main story takes place, the last is the collection mode in here you can buy gambling coins, minigames (only once you have seen & played it once) and lots of other little things like pictures & manga ect. Theres also a slot machine that you can play to win items however till i have gotten the last ticket im not blowing my cash on it yet. The items you win can be used before a minigame to help make them easier, the only item i won so far was something called Happy Beer.

So far 7 hours in & im really having fun, it's easy to pick up & play one round of minigames in between doing other stuff, been hammering it during lunchtime at work, the naked negotiation minigame gets quite a few looks
    Last edited by charlesr; 27-10-2010, 15:10.

This looks to be a good laugh. And the cartoony graphics are very nice for DS. Think I'll pick it up come pay day.

Comment

sweet it looks super fun , I know it will never come to the west

Thanks for posting a first play

Comment

Working...
      X