No announcement yet.

Singularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised at the criticisms of the story, I've just finished it and I'd say it has a very strong narrative. Indeed, I've been checking on some other forums about interpretations of the plot, and it's pretty clever if you start to look at it in detail. Considering the plot is welded to a really decent shooter engine, I think I'd put this among my favourite titles of 2010 (granted I'm playing it in 2011, but...) So much so, I think I'm going to hold on to it and play it again on Hard, which isn't something I do very often.

Comment

Yeah, I think its solid all round including the story.

I played it on hard, though I did get frustrated at that bit where you fall into that pit and loads of those little things attack you. I dont think anyone who tested the game actualy tried that bit on hard becuase its virtualy impossible, took me about a thousand attempts.

This I probabaly already complained about it in this thread actualy, it was increadbly frustrating.

Comment

Yeah, that's the bit I'm dreading - it was pretty tough on Normal. Although, I think if you timeshift the pod things all over the walls it reduces the amount of scuttlers, and I think the game is trying to get you to use the slow time bubble thing to give yourself more time. If you fire that at the point they come in, snipe as many as you can, switch to the autocannon and then impulse them I found I could keep them off, but it is rock hard mental.

Comment

Finally finished it today, I know people say this game is underrate, but I suspect people have swung too far and overrated it.

It was too generic to start, then it got better as it added in extra gameplay devices, then there was a long period of tedious slogging. Then it was frustrating, then suddenly it got really easy and was enjoyable again.

I'm glad it's over to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            It was too generic to start, then it got better as it added in extra gameplay devices, then there was a long period of tedious slogging. Then it was frustrating, then suddenly it got really easy and was enjoyable again.
            Sounds like my first wife.

Comment

Working...
            X