No announcement yet.

Persona 3 Portable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think these days people want games to throw the meaty goodness down your front from the off.

Most RPGs are slow getting going, this is no exception. The more you put into it, the more it rewards and becomes addictive.

Comment

Just unlocked a new section of Tartarus and have been itching to get back in there. I've realised you can really stay in there as long as you like as people don't seem to get tired from it until the next day, so i might be able to clear this block in one grind fest as I can afford the group heal at the save point now.

Comment

Arise from your grave...

I've just finished Persona 4 Golden on the Vita, which I loved immensely, and thought why not give 3 a shot - maybe just see a little bit of what it's like and then move on to something else. But already I can feel this sinking its hooks right into me...

This could be a mistaken first impression, but it definitely seems darker in tone than 3 (not just because everything is no longer bright yellow), which actually works quite well for me. In particular, the use of evokers is pleasingly bleak. On the character side of things I'm already quite fond of Yukari, too.

My only concern is that if I'm understanding things right, once I've finished this off I'll be wanting to then go and play the FES edition on the PS2 for the additional stuff? Is it going to let me do that, or do I need to have finished the original game first?

Comment

When you finish any version of P3 you can play The Answer on FES straight away. The only reason not to play The Answer is major plot spoilers.

P3 is perhaps better than P4 in terms of characters and plot. The ending was fantastic and really struck a chord with me.

Comment

Absolutely loved P4G on the Vita - is P3P available on the UK store?

Comment

I adored P3P, but P4 blew it out the water for me. Which I was totally shocked at as P3P is stunning aswell!

Comment

It is indeed available on the UK store - about ?10ish from memory.

Comment

I must admit I there is something I prefer about P3 even though P4 is a better rounded experience. I have finished the PS2 version which visually is more like P4. The 3D characters add a lot.

Comment

Bump

I have just picked this game up, and put about an hour into it on my commute this morning. Just got into Tartarus for the first time.

I played a lot of Persona 4 Golden first, which I much prefer, but this has been very entertaining so far, and should be a good filler while I wait for 5.

Comment

Working...
                    X