Boku no Natsuyasumi Portable 2 (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boku no Natsuyasumi Portable 2 (PSP)

Spent a few hours on this now so thought I'd leave a few impressions, although nothings really new for those that have played the previous games, so I figured I may as well bombard you with some lovely screenshots using CFW as words can never do justice to just how nice looking the artwork is in this series.

The basic plot to this one is it's set in 1975 and your mothers just given birth so sent you to stay with your Uncle, Aunt and 2 cousins who own a Guest House in a small fishing village, as always with the series the idea is to have the most eventful summer holiday possible during those 31 days.

Nothing really changes much in the series minus the location and characters so as expected theres the usual collecting element which involves fishing, catching insects, beetle sumo wrestling, finding all 50 bottle caps, exploring, finding secret areas, trying to get a tan, completing events that happen on certain calendar days, as for the sub story, in this one your trying to help a guy called You find all 3 parts of an homemade rocket.

As always the day consists of family exercise, breakfast around 6.30 then your free to do whatever until 6pm, if your still out past this time then your Uncle will come looking for you for tea, you then get a few more hours until bedtime at 11pm, if your still out by that time then again your uncle will come looking, you'll get a telling off and overlay missing morning exercise.

Also at the end of the day is usually a good time to update your diary which is a sketch book, you'll draw the days events in there and the ultimate goal is to complete this as much as possible with the games event, it's also a good time to view any insects you caught and add them to your insect log by mounting them.

Earning money in this one is handled by either finding it whilst swimming or giving your old grandad a massage for a couple of Yen, you can then use this to buy items like Jet Cider bottles which have collectible bottle caps.

Overall the game is basically a remake of the original PS2 version of Boku no Natsuyasumi 2 which was released in 2002, it does have a few tweaks over the original release though, some extra characters and story events, around 50 more insects to collect and also the ability to save at any time which is a welcome feature as the last release, Boku 4 didn't have one which was a bit of an oversight for an handheld game.

For those who have played Boku 4 it may seem a small step backwards as it's missing some features from that game, namely the medals, empty bottle collecting, brushing your teeth and the capsule toys, it's still an excellent game though with the usual high standard of artwork by Kusanagi as well as the excellent music and atmospheric sounds and excellent insight into Japanese culture, well worth picking up if your a fan of the series or fancy trying something a bit different.

Once again thanks for the awesome first play i love the fact you took time to do screenshots, lol not that it takes much to convince me but it looks like i'll be getting this one too. I love the super bright cosy world these games are set in.

Comment

Well i have bought this one & the original version too off ebay so now i have all 3 for psp. Trying hard to resist the third one as i cant justify getting a ps3 just for one game.

Not really much to contribute until mine turns up but i did find a nice video for the portable 2 version so at least people can see it in motion. Have to agree though this series of games has some of the most beautiful art ever. When i play, it brings some strange emotions of been both happy & sad at the same time like living through someone elses memories. Houkago shounen on the DS brought the same emotions, hehe i'm just weird i guess

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Once again thanks for the awesome first play i love the fact you took time to do screenshots, lol not that it takes much to convince me but it looks like i'll be getting this one too. I love the super bright cosy world these games are set in.
        No worries mate, good to see your getting this and the first one as well, not sure if I could justify the price of a PS3 just for Boku 3 either but there is a fair amount of other exclusives to make it worth considering now though.

Really need to get back into playing this now as I haven't had as much time with it as I'd of liked due to being away over the the last 4 days.

Comment

Working...
        X