DeathSpank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeathSpank

Surprised no one's started this already...

Anyway, awesome game! It feels sort of like Torchlight/Diablo (more like torchlight though) mixed with a pop up book and with lots of witty lines.

Leveling up system is card based, choosing 1 of three to upgrade a specific stat. For instance, my first three were 5% extra running speed, equip 1 level above yours armour and 10% more money. I chose the movement speed...

Seems well worth the money so far, I'm really enjoying it

Oh, and it's 1080p.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Picked this up on PS3 and I'm really enjoying it, the humour is right up my alley...silly and surreal

The pop-up art style is really impressive and makes me wonder why no one has done it before.

Comment

Brilliant game, this. Hopefully the lack of posts here isn't representative of sales.

Comment

I'm fairly sure the chances of everyone that buys DeathSpank posting in this thread are quite slim.

Comment

anyone tried coop?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
            I'm fairly sure the chances of everyone that buys DeathSpank posting in this thread are quite slim.
            Everyone in the world that plays games posts here right?
            Lol, I just meant that excitment for this game here, and pretty much everywhere else is practically none-existent, and it would be a shame if it wasn't a succes.

Comment

Mixed reviews haven't helped I don't think. If you're not into the humour or endless kill/loot circle then I can understand why people might be wary. I would likely have picked it up already, but I'm waiting to transfer over to the new PS3 (Waiting on new HDD and HDMI cable) so don't want to start anything else.

Perhaps everyone's so caught up in playing it that they haven't had time to post?

Comment

I lasted less than 10m on the demo before binning it as found gameplay & dialogue tedious

Comment

"get in the bag future criminal"

Once you have to use block and the combo weapons it does become a bit more interesting

Comment

I don't think the game has a great start to be honest. It just lumps you with all the weapon types at once, it expects you to know how to use them properly from the off. You start getting loot then which you don't know is better than what you have, for example i'm still using that weapon that stuns groups of enemies.

Its darn good though, would be playing it now but i've packed away my xbox to be traded in tomorrow, will have to wait till i get my new 360s. :/

Comment

Got to agree with this, Also I felt the camera was too distant from the action. I also expected to see more colour and maybe chunkier characters (this would have helped with the camera being so far out)

The voice/jokes where hmmm, I just couldn't get into it. Shame as it seemed like it was like Castle Crashers.

Originally posted by merf View Post
                      I lasted less than 10m on the demo before binning it as found gameplay & dialogue tedious

Comment

Yeah, not my cuppa tea. I can see how people would like though as it seems to be pretty polished. It looks nice, but I didnt really like the humour.

Comment

Originally posted by SkilloChris View Post
                          Everyone in the world that plays games posts here right?
                          Lol, I just meant that excitment for this game here, and pretty much everywhere else is practically none-existent, and it would be a shame if it wasn't a succes.
                          People at work have been loving this...

I spent a few good hours on it tonight and i can see why. It's very pleasing on the eye, provides solid gameplay yet most of all offers some incredibly well placed humour. It's already had be 'LOL' and i'm only a couple of hours in.

Quite simply, compared to what else is out there on Arcade, this is a gem.
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I really wanted this for the co-op. Any game like this needs co-op anyone will tell you single player on Diablo 2 is boring as hell.....

So anyway the co-op on this is laaaamee. The 2nd player is just a wizard dude who can't level up or equip anything, so while the main player is getting new items, armour, weapons, specials etc the 2nd player has the same 4 moves forever....

Such a shame, if they release a proper co-op update or something i'd deffo pick it up but as it is now i'll be leaving it.

Comment

I couldn't put this down, I finished it in 2 sittings across 2 nights. I rarely ever used block..and I didn't die too often so I wouldn't say that's really required. This has to be the best value game on XBLA at the minute though, 1200 points for a 10+ hour game that's as good looking and fun as this...It just doesn't happen often.

I did notice some slowdown a few times when summoning some skeleton helpers but apart from that it ran pretty smoothly.

Oh, and I would recommend anyone leveling up to ignore the money % increase card, after the first couple of hours (and even during the first couple I barely bought anything) you don't really need much money, all the best items are dropped or in chests, the only thing I used money for was awesome healing potions and by the time you're after them you have tonnes of money. The cards are better spent on physical damage % or the higher level armour/ weapons one.

Comment

Working...
                              X