No announcement yet.

DeathSpank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd add my 2p as the thread was further down the list than I expected!

I agree, it does start a bit full on - I'm a vet at action RPGs and even I had to think about what was going on with inventory and weapons. Once you get into it though, it's a great laugh, and some of the dialogue has had me chuckling out loud.

Minor point, but the inventory screen could be more user-friendly - when equipping new items, you can't easily see what you currently have, without scrolling through and manually checking and considering the best/quickest way to equip auto-grinds (sells) your existing item, it would be nice to just check what you have, as the system only works on base stat to determine what's a 'better' item (i.e. ignores effects).

I love the map/transporting system - it's very easy to use, and works very well. I also think the game balance is just right once you get the hang of combat. The food/healing system is a fantastic idea as well. The game screen can get cluttered, but you can zoom out with the LS which helps.

For those having trouble getting into it, or finding it hard - experiment with the blocking and chaining system; I wish there was more in-game help, as once you nail that - you take enemies down so much quicker, so previously 'hard' areas, become do-able.

All in all a fantastic game which I would definitely recommend a purchase for some solo hilarious game time. Please produce some DLC!

Comment

Played a few hours into this now, just out of what seems to have been the tutorial earlier. I'm loving it, it's really fantastic. Loving the humour in particular, I can't remember the last time a game made me smile so much (Contrary to most reviews I've seen, it doesn't rely entirely on toilet humour). Also I'm sure I read that someone (Might have been Jeff from GB) got 100% on the game in 5 hours - I can't work out how he managed that and took enough in to give it a decent review.

It has a few flaws. I'd prefer a more fleshed out mapping system (It's not that easy to work out where you've been) and the ability to compare items would have been great. Nothing that can't be fixed in the future.

Hoping this will do well enough to warrant a more meaty title in the same vein.

Comment

Its a great game and seems to have been overlooked unfortunately (Only 2 other friends on my leaderboard which is a shame).
        I finished it last week took and it took me about 10-12 hours with 100% completion.
        As you said very little toilet humour just light hearted fun really.
        Looking forward to the planned future DLC going on the game ending

Comment

Holy crap, that Pip Ravaged Town is BRUTAL! D:

Comment

There are some bits like that which are pretty full on and where you can be hideously slaughtered with one hit - the Unicorns weren't so lovely when they kept smacking me into oblivion.

Comment

Yeah, it turns out I probably shouldn't have been up there at that point. I managed to clear the place out, then found the dude I was looking for and a level 20 thug (+8 to me at the time) spawned and I ran for my life!

I'm into the Haunted Forest now. I think I'm level 16, just looking for all the Orphans I can find and doing the side quests as well. Got a decent crossbow last night, makes the harder sections much more manageable if you can chip away before they get to you.

Still loving it, I have a constant smile on my face even now and I always exhaust all dialogue options before moving on.

Comment

LOL it's a fun game am upto level 14 and looking for donkeys so the rich dude can do some stuff

Comment

I liked it, but it was over far too quickly. Couple of evenings and there's no more to do at all.

As for the Pip ravaged town...

They don't like poison. At all.

Comment

A couple of evenings for me is four hours max. I've been playing for around 10 hours so far I'd say, still have quite a bit to do as well.

Comment

Not sure how long i've been playing it for but i'm leveled up to level 17 so far and i think that i am no where near to finishing it so much fun.

Has anyone tryed Co-op yet ?

Comment

Coming towards the end of this. I just have the final encounter with

Von Prong

(And a little grinding up to 20) to go then I will have completed this to 100%. Aside from one or two little niggles I still think it's a fantastic game - well worth a try, and great value for money too.

Haven't tried the co-op, although I might start over when I'm done with my daughter as she likes the look of it. I can start it on the easiest difficulty level and take the role of Sparkles to assist.

Comment

I've a few small bits to do tonight before i have to do the final encounter.
                          Super value
                          Great ones liners
                          Lots of fun
                          Money well spent

Comment

Fancied playing something from start to finish in one sitting so I blitzed Deathspank today.

Amusing game throughout. It took just over seven hours to 100% and I reached the level cap whilst butchering some unicorns.

The curved world is still just a beautiful as when it was released. Time well spent.

Comment

I've been playing this recently as well and agree that the art direction and humour is great throughout. Recommended if you like hack 'n' loot games.

Comment

Just finished this after grabbing it cheap. The game itself was decent fun....loved the art style and always get sucked into this type of game.

Loads of spells, weapons and potions to use which was nice to experiment with. Pummelling Unicorns with a hail of fireballs was particularly satisfying

"Humour" really started to grate fast so I ended up skipping most of the dialogue in the second half sadly though.

Comment

Working...
                                X