Toy Story 3 (360, PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toy Story 3 (360, PS3)

Seeing as there isn't an FP for this game yet, figured i'd start one.

Start off by saying that this is probably the best movie license game i have played in years.

The game itself is broken up into twoish modes. I'll start on the first one.

Story Mode:
    Very linear and short. I 100% beat it in about 2 and a half hours, i'm guessing the levels are broken up from situations in the movie, you don't really get much in the way of cutscenes. Mostly platforming, switching characters to help move them around, its just really just straight forward objectives, collectables etc. Its Really simple. I'm acually kind of glad that it is short and doesn't completly show off the film.

I'm guessing it serves to help the youngsters for the main mode, which i will discuss next.

Toybox Mode:
    Now this is where the game really shines. Basically Toybox mode is a sandbox kind of game set in the wicky wicky wild wild west. You buy and customise shops, items, the townfolk etc. You get missions from the townspeople, help them with certain things, open up new action stages, you then get rewarded with more customisable hats, clothes and money to spend things. As well as the action stages, you get to race on your trusty steed, stunt races with cars and a bunch of other things. The game never seems to get boring, you always have something to do. Also you have to beware of outlaws trying to rob the bank and holding up the stagecoach.

The graphics and animations are really bright and colourful and its possible the closest a game has come to being close to how it look in a film. The sound is great and the actors who are mimicking Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are almost spot on.

Toy Story 3 the videogame is a great game for children and even adults. Really worth checking out!

*sorry for my ramblings, not use to writing these things. Hope it came across ok.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Seriously no one posted a reply. You're all a bunch of heartless heathens.

It really is a great game and its always suprising me.

Comment

I was impressed enough to pencil it in as a cheapy buy.

Comment

Seems like a pretty neat kids game. Better than Shrek 4 if anything. I just did a review on that and it is one of the biggest FUBARs I've laid my hands on in years.

Comment

if its an easy 1000 you may find more comments here when its cheap

i had a quick play/watch along with my young neice and she loved it. very good graphics and quite a solid looking game for a film license. she was happy enough just to roam around doing nothing but laughing too!

Comment

I loved Toy Story 2 it was an underrated platformer/third person shooter.

Comment

Was a good game though I don't think it's "underrated" as such. Remember it getting some pretty high critical acclaim.

Comment

Yeah, this is pretty straight forward stuff but very polished for what it is. Good fun for those who find it on the cheap

Comment

I'm loving this at the moment.. And the little man is happy slamming Woody into the walls

Comment

It's a surprisingly decent game and the same team has made the upcoming Cars 2 game which is also getting positive word

Comment

Bought the PS3 version a few weeks ago to play with my daughter - the sand box mode is great!

xbox version can be bought for a tenner on bee.com - well worth the money
                      Last edited by AlonzoUK; 08-07-2011, 16:47.

Comment

Yep, I picked it up for a tenner a few weeks back and it's great. I didn't get far until other games came along though, and since I'm only renting Lego Star Wars I've had to play that first even though Toy Story's actually the better game!

Comment

I love this game. Love it.

Comment

Is there some way to stop the bank being robbed? It seems to happen every ten minutes no matter where I am or what I'm doing (like piloting a paratrooper), and by the time I get back there all the bandits are gone and I lose tons of coins for nothing. It's really bloody annoying.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it.. start doing the picto and trooper challenges and the money will roll in and you won't have to worry about the robbers..

Or, just go to the candy shop when you get it and keep throwing balls at the X button and loads of wonga will come your way.

Comment

Working...
                              X