No announcement yet.

WRC [demo]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had no compulsion to replay the demo which says a lot.

Rallisport Challenge 2 is more seat of the pants and looks better most of the time....
    WRC Evolved has a better driving experience (just more fun to get right).

The wait for a decent rally game is still on.
    Last edited by charlesr; 21-09-2010, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
      Played the demo and thought it was awful, deleted it straight away. Graphics are just plain ugly, Colin McRae 2005 on the original xbox looks better than this mess, pop up everywhere, muddy visuals and plenty of fogging in the distance. If this is a ?10 budget game then it might be a bit more understandable but releasing it at full price when you can pick up DiRT 2 for ?10-?15 is just a joke. Im going to wait for DiRT 3 as that looks like it is going to more than fix the issues people had with the first 2 games.
      I rest my case.

Comment

Games like this sadden me. Having watched the various developer vids over the past few months it's plain to see that this has had alot of effort put into it but they've just not delivered a quality game. I can't quite believe how graphically and technically poor it is either, poor textures, trees that pop in 20yrds in the distance and it hasn't even managed 60fps. Stick your 360 in 480p and I bet Colin McRae 2005 on the Xbox looks better that this.

Comment

i can understand the comments about the graphics, and the presentation is poor, but i thought the handling was good and enjoyed the demo.

Comment

Where's Rallisport Challenge 3 ... the only rally game to dethrone RC2.

Comment

Originally posted by msm13579 View Post
              i can understand the comments about the graphics, and the presentation is poor, but i thought the handling was good and enjoyed the demo.
              I'm not the only one then

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                Games like this sadden me. Having watched the various developer vids over the past few months it's plain to see that this has had alot of effort put into it but they've just not delivered a quality game. I can't quite believe how graphically and technically poor it is either, poor textures, trees that pop in 20yrds in the distance and it hasn't even managed 60fps. Stick your 360 in 480p and I bet Colin McRae 2005 on the Xbox looks better that this.
                I've not played the 360 ver, but the PS3 ver doesn't appear to have any of the visual issues such as pop up (though you can see more detail being added to things as they get closer which can be distracting) though the texture are ropey in parts, all the trees are visible as far as you can see. Do we know what the lead platform for this title was? I'm guessing it was PS3 if most people played the 360 ver.

Handling is fantastic and just takes me back to the days of the old WRC games I loved on PC. You can't just bomb through the game, unless you're on beginner, but it never feels unfair and the handling is nice and weighty. Shame I'm crap at these games might have to invest in a Logitech wheel.

Comment

I've had a go of the 360 demo and I'm not really taken by it. Graphically it is quite poor and doesn't look much better than Rallisport Challenge which I dig out occasionally, but that's an 8 year old game!. The pop up scenery is dreadful, this reminds me of racing games from the Saturn days and should not be seen in games today.

Handling wise it's not bad (with wheel and pedals), although I found it difficult as it kept oversteering, even with my foot barely pressing the accelerator pedal. It's certainly more sim based than the Sega Rally game on 360. I've not played any of the Dirt games so can't compare it to them but I don't think it does anything that I can't do in another game. I'll give this one a miss.

Comment

Working...
                  X